Chapter 2

Draco

I head back to the Slytherin common room after meeting with Lancing. As I enter in I see Blaise sitting on a couch alone working on his paper.

"Malfoy, there you are. How was your secret date?" he asks smiling.

"Shut up Zabini." I say sitting down across from him. "Have I ever said how much I hate Gryffindors?".

"That bad?" Blaise says lifting his eyebrows.

"Terrible."

"Who is it anyway?" Blaise asks.

"No one you know." I lie.

"What time is it?" Blaise questions, shuffling his parchment together.

"Quarter past 8, why?" I ask.

"No reason, listen I have to go, see you in the morning." Blaise says, exiting the common room.

That was odd. Where does Blaise have to go at this time of night? I brush it off when I see Pansy come in. Dear Merlin.

"Hello Malfoy." She says sitting next to me on the couch.

"What do you want?" I say already annoyed.

"Where have you been?"

"I was tutoring a Gryffindor...don't even ask why." I respond dryly.

"Well, I was thinking since you were a total ass last time, let's try again tonight. Me and you?" Pansy says resting her hand on my knee.

"I don't think so."

"Come on, I haven't seen you all summer." She says practically begging. After the past 2 hours with Lancing I could use Pansy to blow off the steam Lancing riled inside me. "Fine." I say coldly.

Olivia

I head to the common room after Malfoys tutoring. I can't help but have a smile on my face knowing that I won this battle tonight. I can't get the image out of my face of Malfoy being so angered and uncomfortable by me. I hope he knows how it feels.

I start walking down the corridors and hear Pansy giggling with someone. I decided to hide behind a corner to avoid her nagging. I look down to see her with Malfoy. She is dragging him by his tie across the hall. Before they leave my sight I see her kiss his neck. I am in shock. The two of them hooking up was only a rumor I heard from a couple Gryffindors. I genuinely can't believe that it's actually true.

As I enter the common room I see Dean sitting by the fire with a textbook in his hands.

"Hey" I say smiling at him.

"Hey, how was tutoring?" He asks as I sit down next to him.

"Fine." I shyly respond.

"Who did Snape set up as your tutor?"

"No one you know." I say lying.

I knew telling Dean about Malfoy would only make him upset and I didn't want him to blow up on him again. The last thing I want is for Dean to ruin my chances of being able to switch partners for the year.

"Have you happened to have finished the assignment for Charms yet?" Dean asks.

"Yeah it was terrible."

"I almost forgot, did you hear about the news?" Deans asks with excitement.

"What are you talking about?"

"Apparently the Heads are trying to make a Fall Ball." Dean says smiling.

"We had the Yule Ball last year though?" I say in confusion.