Chapter 5 - Meeting my husband's wives.

I held my nylon bag tightly as Mallam Riku escorted me to his house. My parents hadn't even come to say goodbye, it seemed like they were in a haste to forget me.

As we got closer to Mallam Riku's house, I saw some of the girls that were chosen by other men staring at me, they probably thought I was lucky but I really didn't feel like it, I don't want any of this.

Dread filled me as soon as we got to the gate of his house.

As soon as I stepped into Mallam Riku's compound, I realized why he was the richest man in my town.

He may be a potbellied pedophile but he has a nice sense of taste. Simply put,his home was magnificent.

In the middle of his compound was a three storey building surrounded by  4 smaller one storey buildings that each  looked to be about half of the three storey building.

"So Amadea welcome to your new home. Let me show you around. First, This building is for me only." He said gesturing to the three storey building.

"You're not to come in here for any reason whatsoever except I send for you. The only other person permitted to come into this building at any time is my first wife, Hume. Which reminds me. You are to treat all of my wives with utmost respect. If I hear any complaints about you, you'll be punished severely."

He walked towards the first building, gestured towards it and said
"This house belongs to my first wife. Each time I decide to pick a new wife, I have one of these mini houses built for her.
This one belongs to my first wife, you'll only be allowed in here if she permits you. Her children, Mali and Malta live with her.
The same goes for all my other wives."

Walking towards the second building which looked a bit bigger than the other 'mini houses'.
He said "This one belongs to my second and third wives, Mina and Mimi. They're twins and this house belongs to them. Again, you don't come here unless you are permitted to."

Walking towards the third mini house,he said
"This is my third wife, Remi's house. The same instructions apply. She lives here with her son Baki. And lastly....." He said walking towards the fourth mini house that was almost behind the main house
" This is your house. I'm the only one permitted to come into your house whenever I wish. I'll meet you here when I whenever I'm ready to get started on making children. And when we finally have children, they'll live here with you."

As soon as he said that, I felt myself shudder involuntarily. He opened the door of the house with a key he brought from his pocket and allowed me in before he followed behind me.

"So this is your house. Get settled and when it's time for dinner, I'll tell Remi to come fetch you. Remember you belong to me now."

The house still smelled freshly painted. From the door I could see the living room. It was bigger than my parents' house as a whole.

As soon as I stepped closer,I saw the kitchen and went into it. It was equipped with all the things I'd need to cook and when I opened the cupboards and mini fridge, I wasn't exactly surprised to see them fully stocked.

Why exactly do we have to eat dinner together?

I left the kitchen and went to explore the house. I saw that there were two standard bedrooms and a master bedroom. I quickly set my clothes down on the bed in the master bedroom claiming it as mine.

  Finally. At least I won't have to sleep on the floor anymore.

After washing my hands in the bathroom, I arranged my clothes into the drawers in the room and decided to just take a shower.

After finally managing to operate the shower, I stepped out and got dressed in another dress that didn't look too worn out. I wanted to give a good first impression. 

As I got dressed, I couldn't help but think that maybe my mum was right. Maybe this really was the best thing for me.

********************************************
A few hours after my shower at around seven  in the evening  according to the clock on my bed side drawer, I heard a knock at my front door.

I went to open it and I saw a beautiful red-headed girl that looked two years older than me.

"Hi I'm Remi. Mallam said I should come Call you. You're pretty. I think we are going to be friends, let's go Mallam doesn't like it when anyone of us is late to dinner".

I nodded and stepped out of the house, locking the door behind me.

"Hi Remi. I'm Amadea. And Mallam told me about you. He said you have a son."

"I do. He's the sweetest. But anyway, I should tell you this we don't eat dinner together every day,we only eat on special occasions and today is one of them."
She spoke as she led me through the compound past a pool, a garden and finally, I could see a table with candles and platters of food and I could count about seven people already.

Two children that looked about five years old and I quickly concluded that these were Hume's children, Mali and Malta.
Sitting beside them was a boy that looked about three years old with fiery red hair.

That has to be Remi's son.

Remi was still talking but I had spaced out
".......so that's about it."

"Ummmm"

"You didn't hear a word of what I said did you?"

I shook my head bashfully.

"It's okay. Can I come to your house later to brief you again?"

"Yeah sure."

"Okay then. We're here."
She said and went to take a seat close to a beautiful brunette sitting close to another equally beautiful brunette that was obviously her twin.

Great. Mina and Mimi are identical twins. How am I supposed to tell them apart?

"Amadea" Mallam Riku's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Sir?" I said and looked towards him. There was a very beautiful woman sitting by his right hand.
She looked around the same age as my mum and she looked at me with a kind smile.

"Take a seat next to Remi."

I did as he said and the introductions began.

All in all, I was right in my assumptions.

Humi seemed kind. I could see myself looking up to her. Mina seemed okay...I guess.
She constantly seemed to be in a world of her own but her twin sister, Mimi couldn't stop glaring at me.

It was my first time meeting her, why did she seem to hate me so much.

I suddenly had a feeling that I was in for a long ride.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Hi. It's me. The Author. Again.
A much longer chapter.
Please vote and comment. It would really mean a lot.🥰🥰🥰