Chapter 18

Allison Avery Rivers, daughter of attorneys Henry and Miranda Rivers has always been a little ball of sunshine. Actually, a hugetalking ball of sunshine. She has never been one to stay quiet for long. Hell, she had something to say even when we'd attended the funeral of late Mrs. Davies, an eighties ex librarian back in our college.

Granted, she was way too old to be looking after a bunch of unenthusiastic college students who would only step their foot in the library one day before the deadline of their assignments. But the ill managed books in the library along with her shrill voice announcing students to be quiet every thirty minutes was more of a reason for staying away from her periphery. In this case, the library.

So, it was a huge relief when sweet Ms. Young took her place. And we would've been able to enjoy this little change if only Allie hadn't decided to share that relief with everyone. On the day of her funeral. Well, needless to day, it's a miracle we got away with just a  sharp, bone chilling glare from Mr. Davies who happened to be her son and our principal.

Yeah, so that was Allie. She was awfully blunt and could never stay still without sharing her ideas as she liked to call her rash, life-threatening verbal assault. So you can only imagine my surprise when she stood silent for good three minutes after I finished my lamentation.

I was counting, this was the second longest silence of Allison Rivers, the longest was when I'd told her about myself that day, which had lasted for solid seven minutes. Yes, I'd been counting then, too.

Just as three minutes turned to four and half, and I started wondering of Allie would beat her last record, she finally spoke.

"You hugged him?" She asked, bewildered.

"Yes." I replied in shame.

"But you never hug anyone apart from us."

"I know."

"And you let him inside your apartment."

"Yes." More shame on me.

"But I'm the only one that's been there so far."

"I know." I cringed at my pathetic self. Pathetic Ms. S.

She was silent for two minutes.

"I bet he looked hot with that jealous look. He could pull it off so good. I wish I could have seen him." She sighed wistfully, just like she had just a few moments ago, talking about that Chinese delivery guy but now she looked... intensely wistful. It was like she'd been imagining very... indecent things with Adrian. I mentally shuddered and immediately got rid of that unholy image.

"Allie!"

"What? Don't deny that he doesn't look hot. I've only seen him in photos and yet I am already smitten with him. But you, on the other hand, you've seen him, talked to him, eaten with him, hugged him and even slept in his presence. God, the only thing you need to do is just kiss and you'll be a happily married couple by the end of the year." She had this faraway look and I knew she was already imagining me marrying him now.

I scowled at her. "Allison! He is not jealous, okay? He's just a big, annoying mosquito that keeps buzzing in everyone's ear and minding everyone's business as his own, dropping his opinion even where it's not wanted."