XIX - Adonis

Follow me.

Adonis stood at the front of the crowd hoping to see his sister

Adonis stood at the front of the crowd hoping to see his sister. The Los Angeles Airport, LAX, was crowded as always and he was becoming agitated. If he had to wait any longer maybe he'd make his sister find another way home.

On cue, his sister walked out. Kearra Athena Salaam in her five foot four inches glory arm locked with a dark skinned man who was around Sage's height.

When Kearra's eyes connected with Adonis', she removed her arm from the man's own and dropped her luggage for the man to pick up before running to hug Adonis.

The five foot four inches, one hundred and fifteen pound, twenty four year old was enough to make Adonis stagger as Kearra wrapped her legs around him.

"I missed you Donnnnnnnyyyyy," her small voice was enough to make Adonis remember why he missed her.

"I missed you too Rah Rah," he smiled.

"Your voice wasn't this deep when I saw you a few months ago," she finally released him.

"You lying. Anyway how you been? Who that nigga?" He nodded towards the man who was slowly approaching them, struggling to keep up with the luggage he was carrying.

"Ok one question at a time Mr Salaam," she put her hands up.

"Then answer them in order," he slung an arm around her shoulder.

"I've been good and that's my fiancé," she made sure to whisper the last part hoping that Adonis wouldn't hear.

"Your what?" He removed his arm from around her shoulder and spun her around to face him. At this point the man she had came with was standing in front of Adonis.

"Hey you must be Adonis. I'm Christian."

"Yes I'm Adonis," Adonis held out his right hand for Christian to shake which Christian gladly took.

"C'mon let's go. And this conversation ain't finished Kearra," Kearra subtly rolled her eyes before taking her luggage from Christian and walking behind Adonis.

•••••••

"So what is it that you do Christian?" Adonis didn't really care much about Christian but he wanted information from him to decide if he was good enough for his sister.

"I'm a freelance model and photographer." Christian was used to the upturn of the nose on people's face when he mentioned his work and was pleasantly surprised to see that Adonis' face didn't change.

"That's good. You any good at it?" All three laughed at Adonis' question.

"I'd like to think so," Christian smiled at Kearra through the rear view mirror.

"Yes he's good at it."

"Kearra I ain't ask you any questions. Shut the hell up and let the man speak."

"Negro you must've forgot who the older child was," Kearra pinched him on his left arm that wasn't being used to drive.

"So? Age ain't nothing but a three letter word. I'll beat your ass and yo momma's too."

"We got the same mom stupid."

"Oh shit that's right," Adonis scratched his head, "I ain't mean to say that. Don't tell mom I said that. She's gonna beat my ass."

"I'm gonna snitch," she smiled mischievously at him.

"Shut up. I bet you won't snitch or else I'ma tell mom that you broke the urn with grandpa's ashes."

That was sure to get Kearra to shut up and Christian to burst out laughing.

"Y'all crack me up man."

"I'm glad we could be of entertainment," Kearra turned around to the backseat and threw him a look that made him make a zipping motion across his lips.

"I see that you got that man on lock big sis," Adonis extended his left hand to do the custom handshake he had with Kearra.

"You know me lil bro, I be thugging in the streets," Kearra popped her imaginary collar.

•••••••••••

"I hope you didn't tell mom I was coming," Kearra said as they pulled up to their mother's house.

"Nah I ain't tell her but don't use your key. Knock before you go in. She probably in there doing something with 'Rodrigo'," Adonis made sure to put up air quotations when he stated the name of his mother's supposed boyfriend.

"She really serious about him?"

"I don't know. I've never seen that man before."

"Damn. Anyway let's go knock. Christian wait a while before showing your face," he nodded at her through the rear view mirror before returning to his phone.

Carefully exiting the car, Adonis and Kearra made their way to their mother's front door with Kearra doing the honors of knocking.

"Who the fuck knocking on my door so hard?" They could hear their mother shuffling to open the door as a few curse words seemed to come out.

When Mila pulled open the door, the mug she was sporting quickly fell as she took in the sight of her oldest child and only daughter.

"Kearra baby," Mila wrapped her arms around Kearra in a hug.

"You surprised to see me ma?" Kearra asked when she was released from the hug.

"Yes. Very surprised and very happy," Mila made sure to shoot Adonis a sly wink as she pulled Kearra into another hug.

"Now who's that fine young man I see exiting the car?" Mila nodded towards Adonis' G-Wagon.

"That's my fiancé ma," Kearra said making Mila's mouth drop in shock.

"Let's all go inside," Mila ushered them all inside, "we've got a lot to catch up on."

•••••••

That was shit and very short but I just wanted to give y'all something.

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

October 7, 2020