58 - The Hogwarts Heroes

Not even bothering to see if Fred had pulled away you sprinted down the stairs and ran down the empty hallways. You really didn't care if Umbridge found you or if one of her little minions found you either. You'd managed to find an empty hallway with steps at the end which you were able to sit on. Burying your head in your hands you began to sob at what had just happened in front of you. Yes, perhaps it wasn't Fred's fault as much as it was Angelina's but if he'd kissed her back you'd never forgive yourself for not telling him sooner. You just wished you'd told him that you not only liked the boy, but you were also in love with him.

"Now ... who's hurt my favourite little Gryffindor?" A booming voice came flying down to sit beside you. It was Peeves. "Wasn't that mean old witch Umbridge was it?" He asked. 

"No Peeves it wasn't ..." The poltergeist had a genuine look of concern on his ghostly face. "It was Fred well ... it wasn't really him ... there's a girl in our year called Angelina and she's always liked the twins and I guessed she liked Fred more than George. She kissed him, in front of everyone. Now I've probably lost him to her -" 

"D'ya think he likes her back?" 

"I hope not." You muttered back, feeling tears forming in your eyes again. Peeves picked up on your sorry state again as he flew upwards. 

"Stay there Gryffindor ..." He instructed. "I think I know someone who'll cheer you up!" He laughed to himself, making noise down the empty hallways as he went whilst you sat and waited for what he had in mind. 

Meanwhile, Fred was currently having an early funeral. Harry, George and Lee tried to kill the boy the moment Angelina placed her lips onto his. Lee came storming over and grabbed Fred by the ear, Harry threw an empty butterbeer bottle his way and George grabbed him by the shoulder and dragged him upstairs. 

However, what everyone noticed including the boys was that when Fred realised what was going on and who was kissing him, he pushed her back instantly. 

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU -" Lee yelled. 

"SIRIUS WILL KNOW ABOUT THIS!" Harry yelled. 

"I pushed her back!" Fred waved his arms around defending himself. "I don't like her -" 

"WELL FREDRICK MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO AND TELL HER THAT!" Lee spat. "NO MORE THAN FIVE MINUTES AGO (Y/N) TOLD ME SHE WAS IN LOVE WITH YOU AND NOW LOOK WHAT'VE YOU DONE!" 

"Where is she?" Fred suddenly asked. 

"She ran off when she saw what Angelina done -" George answered. 

"I need to find her -" 

"And tell her what?" Harry asked in a bitter tone. "Hello (y/n) sorry you just saw me kissing another girl even though I fancy you, mind forgiving me?" 

"I didn't kiss her!" Fred protested. "She kissed me and I pushed her back -" 

"And that works in your favour." George cut him off. "Find her and explain, we'll back you up." 

Fred didn't waste a second, bolting out of the common room and frantically begun to run up and down the hallway's, he even searched in the secret passages and rooms you'd discovered together but he couldn't find you. Panic started to set in, worried you'd left Hogwarts or found a way to get back to Sirius. 

Meanwhile you were still sat in the abandoned hallway on the stairs when you felt a hand on your shoulder. Jumping at the sudden contact you jumped up and saw Draco Malfoy standing behind you. 

"If you've come to mock me you better get it over with." You huffed through your tears, sitting back down on the step. 

"Why would I do that?" Draco now joined you and sat on the step with you.