Chapter 17

•SARIAH•

Walking out of the court I spot Miranda sitting on the curb crying. I guess she felt someone looking at her because she looked over at me.

"Sariah I'm so sorry". She said standing up walking over to me.

"How could you do that I know we don't know each other like that but damn I mean throw me under the bus all you want but when it comes to my father I don't play".I said pointing my finger in her face.

"Aye get your hand out that girl face and just talk like y'all adults". Krew said pushing my hand down.

"I can't tell you why I did what I did but it was for a good reason please forgive me". She begged but I shook my head.

"Why can't you tell me is someone threatening you or something you can tell us and Krew will handle it". I said and  a look of fear washed over her face as she was looking somewhere behind me and when I turned to look no one was there.

"Look I just can't tell you okay I'm sorry". She said looking back at me.

"Miranda I'm going to give you one more chance to come clean and tell me now is someone threatening you". I ask waiting on an answer.

"No Sariah". She said shaking her head as she still cried.

"Can we go because I'm about five seconds away from fighting her outside this court house". I said walking away from her but she grabbed my arm.

"DON'T, don't touch me". I said looking back at her trying not to cry.

"Please forgive me". She said with begging eyes.

Shaking my head at her I walk off to the car getting in before slamming the door.

"I can't do this anymore it's like if it's not one thing it's another". I said and Krew looked over at me as he started the car.

" It's gone get better I promise you, you saw how that judge was nice and wanted to go over the case more whereas that nigga we had at first he didn't give a fuck". He said and I nod because he was right.

"I just feel like giving up sometimes but I can't do that to him because he doesn't deserve that he deserves to be happy". I said smiling at the thought of my dad.

"You know when I was younger my dad used to bag groceries at Walmart and leave me in the break room because he had no one to watch me". I said thinking back to those days.

"What happened to your mom". He asked causing me to look over at him.

"She left when I was two years old so my dad raised me until he had a stroke when I was 12 and that's when I started taking care of him he got checks so I would use that to pay the bills and you know what". I said still looking at him.

"Nah wassup". He asked looking from the road to me.

"He never once got himself anything he would always say, Baby Sariah get, no dad and he would go hungry for days just so I could eat". I said fanning my eyes to keep from crying.

" He's done so much shit for me and I just feel like I'm failing him every time he begs me to come home". I said as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"Like why can't people just leave him alone, why isn't Autism normalized, why can't people see that they are human too and they have feelings". I said crying harder and he pulled the car over on the side of the road.

He got out before coming to my side helping me out. He wrapped his arms around me rubbing my back as I continued to cry.

"Some people just ignorant and wasn't raised right or exposed to this type of stuff but that still doesn't give them the right to treat them as less than and you know what your father is special and he was made to be the way he is for a reason". He said as I nodded my head listening to him.

"And since people aren't aware after we get him out we're going to make them aware and make them listen because they could be living perfectly healthy and god can change all that in a matter of minutes baby trust me I know". He said bringing my head up to look at him.

"Who's to say they aren't the normal ones and we are crazy as hell to them". He said causing me to laugh and he started smiling.

"This is what I love to see, that smile, don't let anyone take smile away  not even me and I want you to keep on fighting for your dad because he will be coming home". He said still holding my face in his hands as I nodded.

"Alright now we about to get in this car and go pick up your dad some gifts to have when he comes home". He said wiping my face and opening the door helping me in.

He closed the door before getting back in and pulling off.

I just stare at him as he drives causing him to look over at me.

"Why you looking at me like that". He asked with a small smile.

"You're amazing you know that". I say and he reached over grabbing my hand.

"You're more than amazing and I'm gone help you see that believe me". He said before bringing my hand up to his lips kissing it.

He doesn't know how much he just helped me...

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES
#COMMENT
#VOTE