chapter three: crush

"Ooh! This one is nice!" Wollie exclaims, lively and Donghyuck scoffs in amusement at her reaction.

"Are you that excited with eyeshadow? You look at them everyday," he mentions and the girl furrows, shaking her head.

"nO, it's not that. The theme today is just so interesting. We don't usually do it," she explains, rolling out her brushes.

Donghyuck furrows at her. "Really? What is it, anyways?"

She turns, giving a toothy grin which tickles Hyuck's heart- automatically bringing a small smile to his face.

"It's cottage core!" She announces. "And floral at the same time but light and simple."

Haechan arches a brow, not knowing what she means and she shows reference photos.

(in this case, i'm imagining some really simple/natural-ish(??) makeup like these)

  Donghyuck lets out an 'oh' and she gives him a pair of hazel contact lenses

"Put these on, first."

"Contacts?? I don't usually wear them."

She sympathises considering how she, in fact, hates wearing them. "They specifically wanted you to wear these but, if you prefer not to, I canㅡ"

"No, it's okay. I'll put them on," Hyuck takes the box, not wanting to burden her.

Eunwol's rosy lips upturn into a half-smile at his thoughtfulness. "Alright. I'm gonna bring the hair curler in early."

By the time she comes back, he's already worn both of the lenses and she takes out the eyedrop to rid off all dust. "Do you want me to help with the eyedrop?"

"Yeah," he admits and he sits back down, letting her aid.

Her face is inches apart from his and just like many times before this, his heart flutters and his stomach tickles with butterflies- a sickeningly sweet yet, addictive feeling.

The way she looks at him, the way she smiles, laughs, talks, everything about her- he adores every single one of them.

But, it's not as simple as that. It's stronger, more complex- like a puzzle. You can already see little parts of the big picture, but you can't be sure until you've actually connected them all.

"Done. I'll work on the makeup now," Eunwol says, snapping him back to reality.

She turns away to take out the palettes as always, despite the erratic beating her heart is doing.

A flash of Donghyuck's gorgeous brown eyes gazing deeply into hers appear in her thoughts and she pushes it away- rejecting it.

He's an idol and she's just a makeup artist.

Dating between idols is already so complicated and it attracts drama and attention like a magnet.

What would happen if it's between an idol and a staff, someone society sees with a rank unworthy of a celebrity?

Eunwol internally sighs as she softens the brushes. It didn't take long for her to notice her feelings for Donghyuck.

She's always been a fan of them so falling for them won't be so difficult to believe.

But it's only a crush, right? It'll go away sooner or later... right?