40. Day Twenty

When morning came, I grunted in disapproval of the rising sun. Where was an eclipse when you needed it?

My body felt sore but I also felt content, and had zero regrets. Maddox lightly snored next to me, lying on his stomach with one arm thrown over me. He was very much unbothered by the sunlight that streamed through his window, unlike me who regretted falling asleep before closing the curtains. Then again, it had been a long night.

A light blush colored my cheeks as I recalled what happened between us, and I turned to look at his sleeping face with a cheesy grin. One part of me wanted to wake him up, but seeing him with such a peaceful and content look on his face made it impossible to act on those naughty urges. Instead, I reached for my phone, trying to maneuver away from Maddox's arm without waking him.

To my surprise, it was almost ten in the morning, and my phone had been bombarded by missed calls and texts. Casting one last glance at the sleeping beauty, I wiggled myself out of bed, and quietly left his room.

The missed calls were from my mom and sister, but when I called them back there was no reply. The text from my sister however, made it clear that it wasn't an emergency — they were excited about the quarantine ending and were going for a nature hike.

I shook my head, making some much needed coffee and went back to scrolling through my notifications.

Next was a text from Luna and, as always, it made me laugh out loud. 

Luna

Halleluuuuur

Luna

we're freeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Aimee

Haha, good morning to you too!

Aimee

So what's the first thing you're gonna do?

Luna

ohhhhhhh something v important...

Luna

stuff my face with ice cream!!!!!

Aimee

Oh yes, sounds vital!

Luna

what about you?

Luna

any plans?

Aimee

Haha, I have no clue...

Aimee

I'll see when Maddox wakes up.

Luna

OHH??????

Luna

and what does THAT mean?????

Luna

👀🍵👀🍵👀

Aimee

AH, well.

Aimee

Maddox and me are kind of a thing now...

Luna

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Luna

I KNEW IT!