36. HE DIDN'T WANT TO ASK ME

| CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX |

HE DIDN'T WANT TO ASK ME.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE GOING with George Weasley," Grace muttered in disbelief, "I seriously thought Cedric was going to ask you."

Natasha ignored the pang in her chest at the name of a certain grey eyed boy as she searched through some dresses. The trio of girls were shopping for their dresses and of course, gossiping about who they were going with. Grace had been asked by Theo Haynes (she almost cried with joy when she told the girls about him asking her) and Rosie got asked by a Durmstrang student by the name of Aleks Vorobyov.

The redhead nodded, "I did too, the two of you seemed to be getting closer recently."

Natasha rolled her eyes, "Well, the kiss was a mistake clearly and he just thinks of me as a friend," She muttered bitterly before her eyes widened when she realised exactly what she just revealed.

Grace and Rosie both instantly turned to look at their friend, their eyes wide and mouths opened like fishes. Nat bit her lip as quickly turned around, pretending to be extremely interested in a pink dress nearby, touching the silk material on the sleeves.

"What in Merlin's name did you just say?" Grace was the first one to speak, she gawked at her friend.

"I don't know what you're talking about," The blonde mumbled, wishing that the floor could just swallow her right up.

"You and pretty boy Diggory kissed?!" Rosie questioned, coming up to stand on Natasha's other side, basically trapping the girl from running away.

The blonde let out a frustrated sigh, "Okay, fine," She groaned, pushing her face into her hands, "In the medic's tent after the first task."

"Why didn't you tell us?" The Slytherin questioned, hitting Nat's arm.

"Because we didn't even talk about it," Natasha confessed, moving her hands from her face to look between her best friends, "He didn't say anything about it so I didn't want to tell anyone incase...incase he regretted it."

"Are you bloody blind?" Rosie shrieked, capturing the attention of a few Ravenclaw girls that were in the shop, "He's completely head over heels for you."

Natasha rolled her eyes, "He clearly isn't."

"Well, what exactly did he say?" 

The blonde looked over at Grace with a puzzled expression, "What?"

"Well, you said you bumped into him and chatted, what exactly did he say?"

Both Grace and Rosie leaned in closer, as if they were ready for Natasha to tell them her biggest secret.

"He asked me to go to the kitchens with him," The blonde shrugged casually before turning back around to look at the dresses, wanting to find 'the one'. 

"Are you freaking stupid, Nat!" Rosie exclaimed, watching the blonde with wide eyes, "He was totally going to ask you."

Natasha rolled her eyes, "No, he wasn't."

"Maybe he was, Nat," Grace told her, smiling comfortingly, "Maybe he got nervous at the last second," She suggested.

Natasha let out a frustrated sigh, "He didn't ask me," She told them sternly, trying her best to hide any signs of sadness on her face, "He didn't want to ask me. He didn't want to kiss me. He doesn't like me as anything more than a friend, okay? I'm going to the dance with George and that's final."