CHAPTER 1

3RD POV

Alayna did what she said she would, she helped Steve Rogers get attuned with life, technology, shows, foods now. Minus the internet incident. She helped him with everything even the nightmares, greif, and loss. She lived with him for about 3 months until she was called out for mission. Steve would be lying if he said he didn't miss her, when she was away, he was used to having her around now. She taught him everything, helped him with everything and for that he was eternally grateful.

They became very close friends in the time that they spent together, Steve learning not to get on Alayna's bad side and Alayna learning to not let Steve pry about her real name. He didn't know why it bothered him not knowing Alayna's name, it just did. He didn't know what her eyes looked like either, she had said her eyes were scary but he didn't believe it. Actually he bet that they were normal like any other pair of eyes.

He wanted to get to know the Alayna under the mask of emotionlessness she always were to protect herself apparently and others around her. Alayna wanted to trust the people she could with her name but, she always found that it was harder than explained.

The moment she found out her father was coming to the base where The Tesseract was stored, she went as well, Phil Coulson called her up specifically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was night time at the Shield facility. Alayna's already there organizing the evacuation. They are evacuating by helicopter and vehicle, in the distance she sees that one helicopter lands, dropping off Maria Hill and Nick Fury while Agent Phil Coulson is awaiting them. She walks up behind handing her clipboard to the next soldier she saw.

"How bad is it?" Her father askes.

"That's the problem sir. We don't know." Coulson says.

They enter the facility, passing fleeing technicians, taking only the essentials.

"Dr. Selvig read an energy surge from the Tesseract four hours ago." Alayna said seriously.

"NASA didn't authorise Selvig to test phase."

"He wasn't testing it, he wasn't even in the room. Spontaneous advancement." Alayna said

"It just turned itself on?" Maria Hill said surprised Alayna could feel this.

"What are the energy levels"

"Climbing. When Selvig couldn't shut it down, we ordered evac." Coulson interjected.

"How long to get everyone out?" Nick Fury asked.

"Campus should be clear in the next half hour."

"Do better."

They continue walking down deeper into the facility. Alayna helping any soldier who walked by with her powers, they looked at her gratefully for that.

"Sir, evacuation may be futile." Agent Hill says.

"We should tell them to go back to sleep?" Fury askes sarcastically, that made Alayna chuckle a bit.

"If we can't control the Tesseract's energy, there may not be a minimum safe distance."

"I need you to make sure Phase 2 prototypes are shipped out."

Alayna has no clue what Phase 2 even is but, she can tell by the urgency in her father's voice that its important.

"Sir, is that really a priority right now?" Hill askes warely.

"Until such a time as the world ends, we will act as though it intends to spin on. Clear out the tech below. Every piece of Phase 2 on a truck and gone." Her father stated.