Chapter 50

One month later

"Is this necessary? I don't feel like partying, it hasn't been that long. We can still cancel it. Right?" I wined about the same thing for a thousand times in two days but it still wasn't enough to make them change their mind.

"Eddy, its been a month, it's not too early. And it is not a party, you didn't have a coronation ceremony and you had fought a war as an alpha. It is a necessity that should have been done a long time ago. It was Jay's idea to announce your alpha title this way after this whole mess gets settled," Tyler countered.

"Eddy lets rewind a little and tell us how far we had come in a month," Adrian said. These two do this every time I tried to argue to them about this party. They are being too good of a team against me. I don't like it.

"Blood moon pack has been established again with new alpha and new beliefs and so far, no problem had been coming from them. And they are our top allies now."

"And?" Tyler prompted.

"Kyle and Stephen are raising two kids and are surprisingly good at it. They are two little devils who want the attention of the whole family and the one who dances at their tune most is dad." I paused and Adrian gave me a look to continue, I took a deep breath, "Pack is back at being normal. The usual vibe of normality and happiness is back. Raven is living in her new cottage near the river and is involving more and more with the pack. No one else dared to challenge us, so we have been living in peace."

"Eddy, he didn't sacrifice himself for you because he wanted to die, he saved you because he wanted you to live and you are not living. I know no one can replace him, but life doesn't stop for anyone, we have to keep moving with it or we would be left behind," Tyler said embracing me. I know what they are saying is right but saying we should move on is easier than actually doing it. But I can't keep on doing this, my pack needs me to be present at this moment not drowning in painful past.

"Okay. I will try my best at this time. I am sorry I made you worry again."

"It's okay. Eddy, I was meaning to ask you, how was your first time meeting his family?"

"They hate me," I said making both Tyler and Adrian turn to me.

"That's exaggerating, she didn't know you that's why she is wary of you," Adrian has repeated this so many times that I think that he might want to make himself believe those words.

"Your mom said that I am using my power and money to keep you in my grasp. I am using your vulnerabilities to keep you trapped here and that is why you couldn't go anywhere on your own free will. And this whole relationship thing is a sham to cover my evil intentions. If my intentions towards you were pure, I wouldn't have avoided meeting them for this long. How is it exaggerating that she hates my gut, she thinks that I am an evil queen who had trapped her son."

"Well...what she said did hold some truth, we might know the reason behind everything, but from her point of view it does looks that way. But what's more exciting is that this situation is like some kind of reverse fairytale where instead of a princess, the prince needs saving. So, Adrian how does it feels like to be the damsel in distress," Tyler joked. That boy can joke in any situation and I won't be surprised if he ever gets in a life-death situation because of his weird sense of humor. Like right now Adrian glaring at him like he is throwing daggers at him.