putrescent

putrescent
/pjuːˈtrɛs(ə)nt/
adjective: putrescent
undergoing the process of decay; rotting.

putrescent/pjuːˈtrɛs(ə)nt/adjective: putrescentundergoing the process of decay; rotting

Glendale , AZ
Tuesday January 27th
Soraya Legacy Valentine | binkie

"Miss Raya school starts soon." Gianni pouted looking up at the clock on the wall even though she couldn't read a thing.

Gianni gave the caretaker her hairband and a comb then huffed sitting in between her thighs, "have you eaten?" The caretaker asked noticing her change in mood, it was uncommon for Gianni to be grumpy ever especially in the mornings.

"T-there was bread, but but it felt weird and and i got scared s-so I didn't it." Gianni said feeling herself tear up, "I-I'm sorry I broke the rules."

"You didn't break any rules Ani I'd be more upset if you did eat it." Soraya explained, "if any of the food is a different colour from how it is supposed to be we don't eat it, that means green purple anything like that. Or if it smells bad, and if it looks fluffy too - do not touch it you'll be able to see with your eyes if it's fluffy or not." The small Italian girl nodded taking in the newfound information.

"Mommy went out last night, I s-stayed up waiting for her. I didn't get much sleep again, I-I told her I missed her. I don't think she heard me. D-daddy ignores me sometimes too but I'm used to it now." Gianni said slowly trying not to stutter but failing - she felt like she wanted to cry and her words were all muddled up. "M-Miss Raya?"

"Yes Gianni?" Soraya responded brushing the young girl's hair into a low puff.

"M-my heart feels ouchie and I-I feel sad." Gianni said causing the caretaker to frown, "w-why don't mommy and daddy like me?"

"Alright kids time to walk over!" Kayson yelled over the microphone before Soraya could respond.

"Let's get you a breakfast bar before we leave." Soraya stood up helping Gianni too before going over to the desk and getting a fruit bar out of the bowl and handing it to Gianni. The young italian girl was upset that her question was left unanswered, she felt ignored even more.

A small group of 5 year olds all huddled around Miss Raya as she was the main worker whom would walk them to kindergarten.

"Mindy go get Jalen please." Soraya told the small lightskin girl who ran on her small hind legs to where Jalen was sitting with his head in his arms. A frown overtook Gianni's features as she watched Mindy tap Jalen's arm and he mugged Mindy raising his head making a small smile appear on Gianni's face.

Once all the kids had made their pairs Soraya begun to walk them over, with a quiet Gianni admiring Jalen who was kicking rocks.