Chapter 26 - Settling down

It's over. Frieza is dead. Namek is destroyed and I don't know if Goku is alive. I meditate at the back of the ship, as I have been for six days. I'm looking for Goku. Suddenly, the ship starts shaking and I'm snapped out of my meditation.

"What's going on?" I ask as everyone rushes forwards and Bulma grabs the wheel.

"We've finally reached Earth! I need to be careful entering the atmosphere. Don't want us to burn up!" Eventually the glow fades and I can see the ground. It comes up to us quickly, but the ship slows down and turns. We fly in front of the capsule corp building.

The ship doors open and sunlight comes in. I've forgotten how warm the Earth. Outside the building someone is waiting. When we walk outside, he comes to greet us.

"Hey everyone! You're back! Hey, Alpha, I don't think we've met. I'm Yamcha. Nice to meet you." I go to shake his hand and smile.

Bulma brushes her hair out of her eyes and looks at Yamcha. "Yeah, I was hoping to do this while you were still dead, but I guess we're doing this now. I'm breaking up with you."

Yamcha looks shocked. "What?! Why?!"

"We haven't talked in months! Don't give me that I've been dead nonsense, that hasn't stopped other people from talking to us!"

"You can't be serious!"

"Wanna bet? Hey Alpha!" I look over. "Want to come live with me?"

I shrug. "Beats living in the woods." Yamcha grumbles and flies off. Vegeta flies away too, clearly not wanting anything to do with us. I'll keep an eye on him.

Krillin stumbles out. "Where is everyone? Weren't they brought back with the dragon balls?"

"Sorry, Krillin, but I think only Yamcha was able to be brought back. We'll just have to wait for the namekian dragon balls to be active again. They should have followed Piccolo here after all." On cue, Piccolo step into the light and looks around. He flies off in the same direction as Vegeta. Man... I wish people would stop leaving.

"Alright everyone. The dragon balls should have followed Piccolo here and now that he's back, we have the Earth dragon balls as well. As Piccolo told us, namekian years are shorter than Earth years, so we'll wait until then to make our wishes," I explain. Everyone agrees.

—————

I've been adjusting to life in the city and it's pretty crazy. There's so much noise and people. You have to remember what colour means when you can cross the street, not that cars could hurt me. I asked Bulma to make a gravity room for me so I could keep up with my training. I also paid Kami a visit so he could take away any chance of me becoming a great ape, while still being able to keep my tail.

After tracking down Piccolo, he's joined me in the gravity room, and Vegeta came back once he had sensed us. Not really having anything else to do, they basically live in there, which is kinda gross. Piccolo has been improving so much faster than we have, it's amazing how much potential he has.

"Get our of your head and focus!" I'm punched back to the floor by Piccolo. Vegeta puts a hand on my back and pushes me forward. "Are going to fight me, or stand there?"

Angry now, I cross my arms. "Kaioken X5! Let's see how well you can do now!" Piccolo is taken aback by my power, but I don't give him a chance to take it up a gear. Before he can access more of his power, I unleash a barrage of punches on him. When I'm done, I grab his arm and rip it off. He screams and goes back down. "Are you going to fight me, or stand there?" I shout, provoking him.