🖤🔥Hanhaki John-Mark

I fucking hate Carnations. I hate them so much. I didn't used to though, I used to love them.

I don't know when it started, maybe it never did, maybe it was always this way, falling for my best friend. I never pictured me falling for him, I never wanted my feelings to grow into something more, but I guess that's something I just can't control.

"Johnny! Come here I wanna show you something!" something about his voice made me wanna run to him as fast as I could. I really can't explain why, it's just always been like that. Mark and I have been friends for so long, almost eleven years now and I knew that telling him I had feelings for him would be a huge mistake, but I didn't mind it so much, because I was still with him every day, I still hung out with him, I still slept in his bed next to him sometimes, I still got to hug him and touch him and hear his beautiful laugh, so it didn't matter if I wasn't his "boyfriend" because I still had him.

I ran down the steps towards where he was calling me from. He was standing by the front door holding a bouquet of flowers with a little card attached to them. As I walked into the foyer, I felt my heart drop slightly.

"dude! Look how cute these are!" mark squealed in excitement as he smelled the flowers. I smiled widely at him. "who sent those?" I asked with an interested grin.

"they're from that girl in our English class, Ha yoon, remember? She's also from Canada!"

I felt my stomach flip and my heart stop. "that girl." They're from a girl. I know it was bold of me to assume mark was into guys and I guess a part of me knew he was straight, but I still held onto a sliver of hope that maybe he liked me back. I know my smile faltered slightly but I was quick to put it back on.

"that's great man! So, what are you gonna go on a date with her?" I asked even though I honestly didn't want to know.

"I don't know man, a girl like that asking me out?! She's way too pretty to be out with me." Mark gave a dry giggle and I knew he was genuinely insecure, and it made me furious. How could mark say that about himself? He fact is that nobody on this earth deserves Mark Lee, he is way too special and pure and hilarious and adorable and perfect for anyone. I walked up to him with a serious expression. I stopped just inches from him and stared into his sparkling eyes.

"Mark Lee how dare you say that about yourself!" mark looked down in embarrassment.

"Listen to me, that girl is lucky to go out with you! So, I don't wanna hear you say she's too pretty to be with you capiche?" mark smiled at me and I felt like I could melt into a puddle. He reached up and gave me a hug, it was quick, but I savored every second of it.

"thanks, johnny." Mark said quietly before breaking apart. He sighed before taking out his phone, a blush spreading across his chiseled cheeks.

"guess I should text her then." Mark giggled as he walked away tapping on his phone.

As soon as he was gone, I let my smile disappear being replaced with a disappointed frown. I heard mark's bedroom door close from upstairs. Normally, i would completely fine chilling by myself in mark's living room while he was doing something, we've been with each other so long we basically live at each other's houses, but at this moment, thinking about mark texting ha yoon, flirting with her, setting up a date, I just wanted to go home and wallow in sadness.

I shot mark a quick text telling him I had to get home and left. I walked a few houses down till I got to mine. I sighed sadly as I unlocked the front door and walked into my empty house. My mom was still at work and my dad, well, he's been out of the picture since I was little. I threw my keys on the counter and went up to my bedroom closing the door and flopping in my bed. I layed on my stomach and began scrolling through my gallery, most of its photos of me and mark over the years and some of just mark in a hidden folder that only I can see. I know it's creepy, but I take pictures of mark a lot, he just looks so beautiful all the time and somehow even more in the candid shots I take if him. I smiled at him through the screen, zooming in slightly to see his sparkly eyes. I loved his eyes the most, they held entire galaxies, wait no, universes inside them, I've never seen anyone else with eyes that sparkle like his. I was interrupted by a text from mark. I quickly opened it.