prologue

The sound of her laughter echoed through the hallways of the palace, as she runs away from the Prince, who wouldn't stop chasing her. She had barely escaped his tickle assault, but he wasn't appeased and needed to continue as he followed after her through the hallways. Of course, he could've caught her long ago, but when he heard her laughter as she ran away, he was too mesmerised to even remember why he was chasing her.

Not wanting to spend all day chasing her, he finally catches up with her and grabs her from behind, causing a squeal to escape her lips as he twirls her around. She holds on to him tightly as she continues to giggle, before he sets her down and she turns around to face him. She couldn't help but blush at the loving look he gave her.

"My dear Prince, has your mother never told you that you should never run after a girl." She says teasingly, making him chuckle as he leans down and connects their lips in a soft peck.

"She has, my love. But she has always told me to chase after my dreams, and you just happened to be one of them." He says with a cheeky grin, making her hit him softly on the shoulder, another chuckle escaping his lips.

"Your charm won't work on me anymore, Prince Loki." She muses, as he takes her hand in his and pulls her closer as he rests his other hand on her cheek, rubbing his thumb on the blush skin.

"No need for it work anymore, I've already got you as my own." He breaths out, making her grin as she pushes herself up and reconnects their lips in a loving kiss. A cough interrupts them, making the two jump apart to look at the intruder, who happens to be Thor with an amused smirk.

"Not to interrupt your moment. But mother wishes to see you both in her chambers right now." Thor says, making the two look at each other in confusion. "She hasn't told me why, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the coronation happening tomorrow."

"Right, we will be on our way then. Thank you, Thor." She beams gratefully, as she takes Loki's hand once again and pulls him in the direction of Frigga's chambers.

"I wonder what she could possibly want from us, concerning the coronation." Loki muses as he swings their hands in between them loosely.

"Maybe she just wants to make sure I keep you on your best behaviour." She says teasingly, making Loki shove her playfully, just as they reach the rooms. The guards open the doors for them to reveal the lavish room of Loki's mother.

"Ah, there you two are. Come on in." Frigga says as she appears from the balcony, inviting the young couple inside. They step in, and look at her curiously. "I wanted to discuss some important matters with you two. Odin was supposed to tell you, but I insisted on telling you."

"What is it mother?" Loki asks as he starts to slightly worry and she can sense it, making her rub her thumb on the back of his hand in a comforting manner.

"Odin thinks it would be good for the goddess of love to marry into the family. He wanted Thor to marry her." Frigga says, making her heart drop as she looks up at Loki, who seems to be heartbroken at the news. "But don't worry, my son. I talked to him and made him realise, that it would be much better for her to marry you."

"So..." She trails off, a small smile forming as she sees the relief on Loki's face. "I am to marry, Loki?"

"Yes. You two have been together for years now, and it would be a shame that the bond be broken because of Odin, when his interest could still be pleased as well as you two being happy. And let us be honest among ourselves, Thor should be with Lady Sif." Frigga says, making her giggle as she nods in agreement with the Queen. "I hope you're pleased, Loki?"

"Of course. There is no better news." Loki says, making her grin happily as he looks down at her with so much love and joy.

"Now, I'll leave you two. To both celebrate the news and to get ready for the big day tomorrow. I have a feeling everything is about to change."