chapter two

chapter two:: witches & psychics

"WHAT'S on your mind, Dawn?" My mother asked me, noticing I wasn't eating from my plate. "If it's about the audition, sweetie, it's just postponed for another time."

I shook my head, "No, it's uh, it's not about that," I then met her confused gaze, "What if I told you that I'm seeing ghost involuntarily now?"

She placed down her fork and wiped her mouth with her napkin, "When did this start happening? Why didn't you tell me?"

"It was today when I was with Evan at the Shack," I explained, "I felt this strange presence and when I looked out the window, it was three ghosts. Not one, but three and one of them saw me seeing them."

"Are you sure they were ghosts? When you were little, you weren't able to tell the difference," She noted and I shook my head.

"I asked Evan and he didn't see them, like at all," I assured her, "And because they were together, their presence were stronger, even through glass."

"Did they speak to you?" She asked and I shook my head, causing her to hum, "Then don't worry, sweetie. If you see them again, just don't go near them."

"Why not?" I asked and she looked up from her plate, "Why should I avoid them if you're telling me not to worry."

"We don't know what caused their death, Dawn, and you are not going to be that person to find out," She told me, but I shook my head again.

"They didn't look like bad people, mama. They were-" I paused, trying to think of a way to describe them before I snapped my fingers, "They were like my age! Practically teenagers and they looked familiar."And they did. Just by seeing that guy's face who stared back at me, reminded me of someone I've come across before.

Regardless, my mom shakes her head and stood up, taking both of our plates, "You do know that there are teens who also happen to be murderers or criminals, right?"

"Mama-"

"I'm just saying this for your own good, don't involve yourself in them," She told me, but glanced back, "Are we clear?"

I sighed, "Crystal." I then stood up from the table as well, "I'm going to go do homework." I quickly left before she could answer me, so I could shut and lock my door without her noticing. I quickly went to my laptop and searched whatever I could to know who these boys were, though that was a bit more difficult than I thought. I guess you can't just search 'three boys dead in California' without 1,000 results.

I barely touched my actual homework, even when a group of familiar faces popped up after pages of results. My satisfaction grew as I read, 'Sunset Curve members dead on night of performance', but in 1995, which caused my feeling to drop. I clicked on the link to the article, reading up on how three out of four band members died suspiciously on the way to the hospital, making me raise a brow. What the hell, I questioned, but hopped out of my bed to go on my carpet. I grabbed my candle so I could light it and set it before me I sat down with my legs crossed. I hesitantly placed my hands on my knees, squeezing them lightly as I thought of my mother's warning. I hope she was joking about that.

Slowly, I let my eyes closed at I controlled my breathing and let nothing come to mind but that boy's face and group name that I read off of the computer, Sunset Curve. Sunset Curve. Sunset Curve. Sunset-