three

"Lady Freyja? Thor wishes to see you in the gardens." One of the maids informs Freyja, making her nod in acceptance as she stands up. Freyja dismisses the maid and slowly makes her way to the gardens. She hadn't been in the royal gardens in a very long time, because every time she went there she was reminded of her love for the one who she could not have anymore. As soon as she steps into the garden, she notices Thor, who is patiently waiting for her on a bench. She walks up to him and he immediately stands up in greeting.

"Good evening, Thor." She smiles softly and he beams at her, as they both sit down on the bench. "Why did you call for me?"

"I believe we haven't had much time to talk since my father decided we are to marry." Thor hums, making her look down sadly.

"Well, you have been very busy since then. The maids keep talking about your successful battles. Odin must be very pleased." She muses, making him chuckle as he nods in agreement.

"Right you are, as always, Lady Freyja. But as always he never shows he is pleased, one must just assume he is." Thor points out, and she can't help but laugh at that comment. Thor smiles softly at the fact that she seems to be a bit happier for the first time in a long time. "May I be honest with you?"

"Of course. You can always be honest with me." She says, making him smile gratefully.

"The day you were first introduced to us, three hundred years ago. I immediately knew that you and Loki were meant to be." Thor says, and she looks down as she fiddles with the fabric of her dress. "And I do not ever wish to come in between, just the way I am certain you wish not to come between Jane and I. But, you have become like a little sister to me over the years, so I feel the need to protect you. I know you've visited Loki."

"Thor-"

"Do not worry." He smiles reassuringly as he notices the look of panic in her eyes. "Odin is not aware. And he will never know, I just want you to be careful when you go see Loki. I do not wish he harms you."

"I won't be seeing him again. He doesn't want to see me." She sighs, making him chuckle and she looks up at him in confusion.

"That is untrue, Freyja. He loves you more than he loves himself, but he is lost. He is uncertain of what to do and what to feel. His judgement is clouded with anger, envy and hatred. I believe only you can save him from that." Thor says, making her look up at him in shock.

"Do you really believe so?" She asks weakly, her voice barely above a whisper, making him nod with a soft smile. A new surge of hope runs through her body and realises what he said is true. Loki has always been stubborn and this was just one of those moments.

"Guide him in the right path, maybe then Odin may pardon him and we can try to go back to things the way they were before." Thor says, making her smile fondly at the thought of being able to freely see him.

"That would be great."

"Yes it would." He says, a blanket of silence settles upon them. Thor takes in a deep breath, before standing up. "Unfortunately I must leave you. I have a few more battles to win, so that the maids have something to discuss about."

"May your battles end in your favour, Thor." She hums, making him nod appreciatively before he leaves. She takes a look around the garden, before she decides to leave as well. She slowly makes her way back to her chambers, but on her way she stops in front of the doors that used to be Loki's.

She looks around, before she pushes them open and quickly slips in, before closing them right behind her. The room was decorated in his signature gold and green. She smiles as she looks around the room, remembering all the moments spend in this room. She lets herself fall back upon the bed and let's out a deep breath.