chapter 15: Can't hide

Sending a huge shoutout to Trusoutherner, LoamiVuibau and jirapatel for being the first 3 persons to comment on the last chapter! Thank you! xx ❤

~•~

I an

Spencer and I had agreed to travel closely behind each other so I wouldn't get lost getting to the party. After seeing Vanessa just less than two hours ago, my mind was in shambles, I could not get her out of my head and although I had seen her for myself I still found it a bit hard to believe.

I had actually found her. And yet not really, to put it dramatically, she had fallen right into my arms. I couldn't resist my smile as I thought back to the look of surprise on her beautiful face. And what a face - so incredibly fresh and beautiful, not a single blemish, just smooth pristine skin, pale pink lips, and big hazel eyes. She'd been like a schoolgirl then, a little messy bun at the top of her head, a few playful tendrils of hair feathering her skin. She still felt incredibly soft when I had held her and I could have done nothing in that moment but reflect on how she had felt when I had touched her body countless times before.

I wanted to ask her questions, seek on how she was doing - I wanted to know it all but she had shot me down yet again, seemingly in a greater hurry this time. And I had thought, after finding her, I was losing her yet again with nothing to keep in touch. I still pursued her, and luckily for me this time, I had gotten her number. I was eager to see how it would turn out in the morning when I'd give her a call.

"Ready?" Spencer asked as we arrived at the mansion and came out of our cars.

        "Yeah, let's go, " I said adjusting my cufflinks and the gift bag in my hand as Spencer and I made our way inside.

It was the usual uptown, classy setting with people belonging to the high class, dressed in their best or close to their best. I had been to several of these functions over the years and all were the same where the people were concerned.

Nevertheless, I put my best smile in place and entered, hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

As I made my way through, acknowledging everyone with a smile, my gaze shifted to a figure at a far end, dressed in tailored black pants and a white shirt. I didn't know whether to think I was the luckiest bastard alive or what but I was seeing Vanessa again and it was downright incredible.

She obviously had seen me first, that surprised look was on her face again and I swear it was the cutest thing.

Can't run from me this time Vanessa.

I smiled and watched as she turned paper pale.

     "Come on, let me introduce you to my sister first then you can attend to the beautiful Miss Webster," Spencer said as he rose a brow and smiled.

     "You know her?" I asked.

"Well yes, she and her mother are friends with Simone. We've met occasionally. She comes from a very influential background - very nice people."

     "Nice."

      "Perhaps you'd want to tread lightly. She recently ended a relationship with a low life who called things off on their wedding day. Poor thing."

     "What a son of a bitch, " I said as I pretended to be oblivious about it all.

      "That he is. Come on, let's go see Simone, " Spencer said as he directed me to his sister.