Chapter 6

Counting down the days

Counting down until he had one day.

One day left in this place before he's transfered.

He didn't know what to expect. Izuku knew that it would end up like this. That he would be ending up in Tartarus. That no one would end up helping him or saving him.

This isn't some sort of fairy tale that has a happy ending, where everyone lives happily ever after.

Reality isn't like that. Not all people end up living fulfilling lives.

He guesses that he's just one of them.

Pity.

Viridian pools dart towards his cell door. Footsteps echoing down the hall. He recognizes them. The only guard that seems to treat everyone equally. He enjoyed her company, even if they both spent it in silence as she guards the halls every night shift.

The whisps that swirl over her face greet him. A void not allowing him to see her eyes or mouth, but he could tell that she was going to speak by her body language.

"Midoriya Izuku" a pause, allowing him to wonder what she's going to say.

Was he being transported early?

"You have a visitor"

His attention was given immediately at those four words. A visitor? Who would want to see him. His first two visitors were All Might and Inko, and those didn't fare well.

So who?

A hum in affirmation that he heard her left his lips. Standing, he offers his hands out the bars, knowing procedure already.

She cuffed one hand, moving him out of the cell, and cuffed the other. At least his hands weren't behind his back this time and in front of him. Guess this woman did trust him even though he was just another criminal in most people's eyes.

Izuku was confused as she lead him in a different direction. This wasn't to the visiting hall, as he enjoyed calling it, but another familiar path that sent nerves up his spine.

To the interrogation rooms.

Flashes enter his mind. Of their screaming.

"ANSWER ME DAMNIT"

And their hitting.

He was slapped against his cheek, breath hitching as tears threatened to fall. The male glaring daggers into his soul.

He didn't want to go through that again. But he couldn't try and run. That'll make him look bad. Make him be forced into solitary confinement once again. His only company being the gray walls that hold onto him, urging him to stay.

The woman opened a door. First one to his right once they got to the interrogation sector. He didn't like it. Wanted to leave. Flee. Escape. Do anything but be questioned again. Questioned and beaten. Beaten and shouted at. Berrated and abused.