To Thank

The loud click of her heels echoed through the hall. Her blood was boiling and she could feel it pulsing in her veins.

Dr. Arkham- he had no right. He was a smarmy weasel of a man and a quack of a doctor.

Her finger nails were digging cresents into her palms. She had to breathe. All she wanted to do was stomp on him until he was no longer of concern to her.

She came to a sudden halt in front of his door, grabbing the knob and swinging it open.

"Now we need to get a few things set straight." Her voice came out in a low hiss.

Dr. Arkham turned on his heel, eyes widened,"Isley what-"

"You will not speak to Melody, you will not address Melody," Pamela paused, taking a breath. "And so help me god if you insult her or belittle her intelligence, I will own you."

Arkham stammered going red in the face. "Excuse me- but-"

Pamela marched over to his desk, placing both palms flat on the oak.

"I. Will. Own. You." Her teeth were bared, this was a threat. "I will have my lawyers eat you alive and you will wish you never met me. Do you understand?"

"Now Doctor, this is absolutely-"

Pamela cut of his stuttering. "Do you understand me? Can I make myself anymore clear, Doctor Arkham?"

Red in the face and clearly taken a back he nodded. His hands were clenching and unclenching.

She arched a brow, waiting.

"Yes- I understand."

Pamela pushed herself of the desk and swept out of the office, slamming the door behind her. The sound ricocheting off the walls.

The hum of the florescent lights kept her company alongside her thoughts of contempt.

She opened her own door quietly to not startle Melody.

The brunette's head popped up quickly upon her arrival. "Oh your back. That was quick-"

Pamela waved her off. "He will no longer be a problem. If he steps out of line tell me, and I will take care of it."

Melody shot up and captured her in a hug once more. The red head patted Melody on her back, trying to escape the constricting grasp.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you Pammy-"

Pamela cringed at the nickname but allowed the hug for now.

"Yes, yes, it's no trouble."

She was released and she took a quick breath. Hugs were the bane of her existence.

"Really, thank you." Melody added quietly, "He's always been so terrible."

Pamela shook her head. "He shouldn't be anymore."

Melody looked at the clock hanging on the wall. "Shoot- I have to go,"

Pam stepped aside to let her gather her things by the door.

"I can't say thanks enough Doctor, really and truly." Her eyes darting back to her.

Pam just nodded curtly.

Melody waved at her a goodbye and slipped out the door.

Pamela rubbed her temples. It was about time for a drink.