Blood

Ninjazz requested:

"One where Tony is injured (or poisoned I leave imagination up to the writer) so critically Peter's blood is the only cure."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine mother"  Tony scoffed. "It was merely a little scrape."

Steve hesitantly looked at his partner, but refrained from saying anything else. They had just returned from the coastline of an island that had appeared out of nowhere. When it appeared on the radar, geologists couldn't explain it and the military saw a suspicious heat signature from the center, so Captain America and Iron Man had been dispatched to check it out.

As it turns out, some character from space had turned up and used unfathomable technology to pull magma from the sea and forge his own island, which he stocked with plant life forms from his own planet.

He had come to colonize Earth because his planet had become over-crowded and Earth had a suitable atmosphere.

Steve and Tony had managed to take him down effectively, but not before Tony was cut by a razor sharp fern-looking potted plant.

"You should've been more careful." Steve lectures as he bandaged up Tony's arm on the ship back home.

"I was in an Iron Suit. How was I supposed to know their plants would be like that?" Tony used his other arm to improve SI tech schematics while he waited.

"It's alien. You never know what to expect. That's why you have to be careful."

Tony rolled his eyes and Steve didn't press, this truly wasn't that reckless. It really did just look like a potted houseplant.

Plus, Steve had a few nicks near his ankle as well.

By the time they got back, all either of them wanted to do was pass out.

"Mr. Rogers!" A bright light burned Steve's eyes through his eyelids and woke him up in a second. The military had conditioned him to be alert whenever needed.

In front of him was Dr. Cho and a nurse, who had already started rolling up Steve's sweatpants.

"Ma'am?" Steve questioningly looked at the doctor.

"Did you get cut by the same plant as Tony?" She asked curtly.

"I did. By my ankle and around my calf." Steve answered directly, waiting for some kind of explanation.

"Tony woke up thirty minutes ago with his arm feeling like it was burning. There was dead flesh surrounding the wound, and since he came to me, the area has only increased." She leaned in to examine his cuts. "I believe that the oils on the plant leaves are mimicking some kind of blood inhibiting substance that's beginning to eat through his flesh. It appears as though it tried to do the same for you, but the serum stopped it - see this faint line?" She tapped on his leg with the back of her pen for the nurse to see.

"The serum is fighting it off." Steve repeated.

"It seems as though your self-healing abilities stop the alien toxin from spreading." Dr. Cho spun around to head back to the medical wing, Steve and the nurse on her heels.

Tony was lying on a bed surrounded by medical professionals, but also a few scientists taking samples to try and create an antidote.

As soon as Steve got there, one of them motioned to take his blood and he obeyed.

"A blood transfusion would probably work, but Tony is A- and you're O+ which would kill him." Dr. Cho mumbled, then addressed the room. "I know we don't usually deal with Mr. Roger's blood for fear of it getting out or a recreation of the serum, but we need to isolate the self-healing component as fast as possible to save Mr. Stark."