chapter 12

The following day, Grey was seated on his bed, wide awake. He was thinking of a way to sneak out with his mother.

He already had a graph on how they would sneak out. He just hoped it would be successful.

He stood up from his bed and left the room. It was early in the morning, so his mother was still napping in her bedroom. He opened the door and exited the house, shutting the door behind him without creating much ruckus in order not to wake his mother up.

Grey walked down the corridor of the demon zone. It was very quiet. He looked around as he wrapped his arms around himself and continued walking.

“I don't even know if I will miss this place when I'm gone,” Grey said to himself.

After an hour of strolling, he decided to go home. When making his way back, he saw something or rather someone which made him stop and double back to recheck what he saw.

He saw his brother, Josh, cuddling and kissing Erna.

Grey shook his head at them. “Both deserve each other,” he said to himself as he continued his journey home. 

When he got home, he noticed his mother was up and she was seated in the living room.

“Where did you go?” Anna questioned her son.

“I just went for a walk,” Grey answered. “I will take a bath now. We should get ready to leave,” he said.

Anna nodded her head. “I will make us breakfast,” she said as she left for the kitchen.

Grey walked to his room and went straight for the bathroom. He stripped off his clothes and stared at his reflection in the mirror. He looked at the fresh scar on his body. He sighed as he shook his head before he averted his eyes from the mirror.

He turned on the shower and stepped inside. He instantly felt calm as the water touched his skin.

A few minutes later, he came out of his room, looking fresh. He went straight to join his Mom at the dining table as both ate in silence.

“Are you ready to go now?” Grey asked his Mom after they had finished eating.

Anna nodded her head. “Let's go,” she replied.

Both of them exited the house and walked down a route demons frequently ignored. It was still early, so they did not see any demon around but unexpectedly, Erna appeared out of nowhere.

“Hey, Grey,” she said with a smile.

Grey stopped as he rolled his eyes. ‘Of course, she has to be here at this time after she has finished snogging my brother,’ he said to himself.

Erna looked at Grey and his mother 

“Where are you two going?” Erna asked.

“It's none of your business,” Grey spat

“Whatever,” Erna muttered as she rolled her eyes “Don't you see how much I want you?” she asked, pouting. 

Grey looked at her from once over. “I can see how much you want me as you were snogging my brother,” Grey snapped at Erna, causing her to flinch.

“W- what?” Erna stuttered.

“Don't attempt to deny it, I saw the two of you.”

“But it is you I want, I do not want your brother,” Erna whined.

“I do not care,” Grey muttered. “You two deserve each other,” he added as he pushed past her and pulled his Mom alongside him, leaving Erna standing there with her mouth hung open.