Chapter Twenty-Five

Author appreciation day. Promote your books or your favorite authors in the comments! Or if you have a business promote that too Queen or King! ❤️

~

Prison.

Ember had never been to one before but she was curious to see what it looked like on the inside. There were guards standing around, and as soon as they stepped foot in the waiting area, there were metal detectors. She removed the tennis bracelet that Adonis had given her, and her studded earrings, placing them into the box.

"Where'd you get that bracelet?" X asked. He did not remember buying her any jewelry that looked like that.

"A friend." Ember tells him.

X studied his daughter for a moment, before he chuckled. Making his way through the detectors, Ember followed him. He knew that it couldn't have been Namiko because he knew that was Ember's only friend.

Today it was just the two of them since Justin had an appointment and Sahara took him. It's not that Ember wanted to come, her father didn't give her a choice. She was forced to.

After showing their ID's Ember took a seat next to her father. They were sitting there for minutes and Ember was starting to become impatient.

"How long does it take?" She complained.

"Patience."

Ember looked over at X who had been staring straight ahead. She followed his eyes to a woman that stood at the front desk. Her forehead wrinkled as she looked back at her father. X had been staring at the woman's butt right in front of her. It was as if he didn't care that she was sitting there.

"Disgusting. You know I hope you're not cheating on mom." Ember blurted.

Those business trips were becoming an everyday thing now. Usually her mom would tag along, but she was home with Justin. If he were cheating, Ember knew that her mother would cause hell. She didn't play when it came to things like that and X knew that.

"Your mouth has been getting real disrespectful lately. What me and Sahara got going is grown folks business. You're a child so I expect you to stay in a child's place." He tells her just as their name was being called.

X stood to his feet, Ember rolled her eyes, as she followed her father to the visitation room. Their limit was two people only.

There were more prisoners, sitting inside of the room, talking to their loved ones but they were not allowed to touch one another. The prison rules were strict and if people didn't abide by them, visitation would be cut short and they would be banned.

Ember's eyes landed on her uncle Ezra who looked a bit sad. She had never seen him that way before. Although he could be an asshole, he never let anyone see when he was hurt or down. By the look on his face, Ember could tell that he was having a rough time.

"X, Ember." Ezra greeted lowly.

"Hi uncle Ezra." Ember says sadly. She was starting to feel bad for him. She thought that he was maybe innocent.

"How are you holding up?" X asked his brother.

Ezra shook his head and let out a low sigh, "If I ain't have to look over my shoulders every second then I would be good."