chapter 13

Ariel landed on the field with her father.

Raguel’s eyes met the demon’s. He could tell there was something unique about him. He did not have the ambiance like other demons had.

He looked over to the woman standing behind the demon, who he presumed was the demon's mother because of the mild resemblance between the two.

“The demon's mother does not have the scent of a demon at all,” Raguel said to himself, looking intensely at the demon's mother. 

“Hey,” Ariel mumbled to Grey, however, Grey did not respond to her but instead asked her a question 

“Who is he?” Grey pointed at Raguel. 

“He is my father,” Ariel answered calmly.

“Of course, he is,” Grey muttered to himself. “What was I even thinking,” he asked himself. “I can now see the resemblance between them.”

Grey mentally slapped himself for being stupid and asking her a foolish question.

“What is he doing here?” Grey asked.

He did not see any reason why her father ought to be here. He did not trust any Angel to be around him. ‘Besides my Angel,’ he said to himself.

Ever since he had heard his Uncle tell him about Angels, he was constantly alert every time an Angel was around him.

“He knows about us,” Ariel said, responding to Grey's question. “He wanted to meet you,” she added. 

“Meet me?” Grey asked, looking at Ariel's father. 

Why would he want to meet a demon?’ Grey asked himself. ‘What if he has found a way to break the bond?’ Grey panicked at the thought.

Ariel noticed that there was something wrong with the demon.

“Are you okay?” she asked. 

Grey took a deep breath before answering. “I'm fine,” he replied, not meeting Ariel's gaze.

Anna, who had been watching the whole thing from behind her son, left her original position and stood by his side.

“Hi," she greeted Raguel after looking at him cautiously to make sure that the Angel was no trouble to her and her son. 

“My name is Anna, and this is my son Grey,” she introduced with a smile. 

Raguel smiled at her, making Anna relaxed.

“I'm Raguel, and this is my daughter Ariel,” Raguel said pointing at Ariel.

Ariel and Grey were in their little world. They stared at each other in silence. Raguel could sense their bond struggling, their bond was radiating pain, and he could feel a little love from it. 

“If only they can accept it, and save themselves from this struggle,” Raguel said to himself. 

Anna observed Raguel's gaze on their children, and she sighed softly because she felt what Raguel felt about their children's bond.

Raguel motioned for Anna to come with him. They both took a few steps away from their children.

“I practically forced my son out of the demon zone,” Anna said in a whisper. She just felt the need to explain herself to the Angel. “I wanted him to be with his soulmate and he would not go without me, so I came along with him,” she continued.

Raguel nodded his head in understanding. He knew how challenging it was to leave a loved one behind. 

He did not know if it was the right time to ask why Anna and her son were different from other demons, however, he decided against it.