Ch. 19

May 12th, 2015
South Memphis, TN

Cali's POV

Tonight was the night Key officially signs to PRE. The whole gang was going to support him. Me, Kennedy, Trey, Fat, Woo, and Pjay. Dolph had rented a sprinter for us to get to the show.

" Do I look good?" I asked Kennedy as we were getting ready in my bathroom.

" Bitch, you look bad as fuck! Don't even get me started on this bob on you." She said.

" Y'all ready to go or what? Cause Key nem said they a few minutes away!" Trey yelled as from downstairs.

" Here we come!" Kennedy yelled.

As we walked downstairs we heard a horn blow outside.

" Y'all be careful, and make sho one of y'all let me know y'all made it safe." My momma said as she watched us walk out.

" Ight teedee." Trey said.

We approached the sprinter as Fat hopped out. Before I could even step in the sprinter Fat had something to say.

" Nah. Hell nah! Yeen going nowhere with us with this lil ass skirt on!" Fat said making all of the guys in the sprinter look at me.

" And you showing cleavage! CALI IF YOU DON'T ZIPP UP THAT DAMN JACKET RIGHT NOW!" Woo said like how a black momma would say to her kids when they pick up something in a grocery store.

" Leave my bitch alone she look good as fuck!" Kennedy said stepping in the sprinter.

" Right Kenn, the fuck! Last time, I checked Omari done took his ass back to Miami." I said stepping in behind her as well.

" You let ha come out like this?" Pjay asked Trey.

" Mane, Cali ass done worn worst. This shit ain't even that bad." Trey said waving them off.

" Yeah, let em know how I get down cuzzin." I said.

The driver pulled off and began driving to the show. I noticed Key was more quiet than usual. He was staring out of the window while biting on the corner of his lip.

" You good?" I asked as nudged him with my elbow.

" Yeah, I'm straight." Key said as he snapped out of his train of thought.

We pulled up to the show. It was so many cars in the parking lot, the whole city came out to support Key. We got out the sprinter, and we were escorted through the back entrance. We sat backstage until it was time for Key to go on.

" Mane, it's a booku of m'fers out there!" Trey said.

" What the bitches looking like out there bruh?" Woo asked.

" All types of bitches. I'm talking bad bitches, lil bitches, thick bitches, skinny bitches, tall bitches, fat bitches, and you know the ugly bitches is outchea too!" Trey said.

" Ugly bitches? Fat that's right up yo alley." Pjay said causing all of us to bust out laughing.

" On God it is!" Key said.

" Fuck y'all." Fat said.

" How do you deal with them on a daily?" Kenn asked me laughing while shaking her head.