CHAPTER - 8

AARVIK'S POV

I was getting ready for my wedding Rakshan and Dhruv both were questioning me all the time. "Did that love sick puppy really loved you? I don't think so Anna(elder brother)", Dhruv said. "I agree with him. If she really loved you then she would have not believed in this stupid curse and all. Moreover, ask you to marry a girl for six months proved that she just cares for herself. Willingly or unwillingly you are marrying Aiyu. I feel god really planned so well. Keep her constant in your life Anna (elder brother)", Rakshan said. They don't know about my decision still. I will say my decision to everyone after the wedding. This one week made me realize so much.

I sat in the mandap and was waiting for Aiyu. She was looking like a princess. Is she this beautiful all this while or today I started to see her differently? I want to make love... shit what the hell am I thinking. I snapped out of my thoughts when she came and sat next to me. I smiled at her. Our family priest asked us to exchange garlands. When we were about to..

"STOP THIS MARRIAGE RIGHT NOW", a voice echoed the hall.

I turned to look at the direction from where the voice came from. My maternal uncle Chidambaram was standing there with his daughter Maiyuri. I hate that girl. From my childhood, she was sticking to me like a lizard. What the hell they are doing here? I heard that my parents cut all their ties with them as uncle got caught in some gambling.

"What the hell are you doing here Chidambaram?", my grandmother shouted at him.

"How can you let Aarvik marry an orphan?", Chidambaram uncle questioned.

"Don't you dare call her orphan", I turned to look at the person who said this. It was my mom.

"Get out from here. We already broke all the ties with you.", my dad said.

"You are going to pay for this. My daughter is fit for Aarvik in all aspects. Still you are making him marry this girl", he looked at Aiyu disgustingly.

"Another word about my DIL I will forget that you are my brother. Leave now or I will make you leave", my mom shouted.

He left not before giving us a glare. But somewhere inside I feel he is not going to keep quiet.

I looked at Aiyu she was in the verge of tears. I held her hand. We exchanged garlands. Our family priest asked Aiyu's parents to come for her Kanyadhan (it is a ritual where bride's parents give her hands in bridegroom's hand) but her parents are not in the world also her uncle and aunty didn't attend the wedding. That time Pradhu's father Vishwanathan uncle came and did her kanyadhan. I know he always sees Aiyu as his daughter. Today he proved it to the whole village. I tied the Thaali (nuptial chain) around her neck. Aiyu's eyes welled up with tears. I then filled vermillion in her head partition. At last our marriage got over.

All the guests who arrived blessed and gave their wishes. Pradhu and Aathu gave their gifts to Aiyu. Chiko came near us.

"I have something for you both", Chiko said looking at us. She took out some papers from her bag. She gave to Aiyu.

"Please sign this Aiyu.", Chiko said looking at Aiyu. "What are these papers?", Rakshan asked her.

Aiyu opened the papers and her hands started trembling. "It is a mutual agreement which states that Aarvik and Aitri will be married only for six months. After that Aitri will give mutual divorce to Aarvik", Chiko said.

"What the fuck! Have you gone insane woman! Who will ask to do these kind of stupid things on the day of marriage?", Dhruv shouted. "Aiyu will never sign this", Pradhu said

"But that is the fact right! She is not going to live with Aarvik forever", Chiko said.

"Why are you so insecure? You are the one who said story about stupid curse and all. Let's see whether Aiyu live for six months. Then we will see with whom Anna (elder brother) should live his life", Rakshan told his point.

They kept on arguing like this continuously. "JUST STOP IT! I WILL SIGN THE PAPERS", Aiyu shouted. She took the pen from Chiko and went to sign the papers. I know exactly what to do now. I just took the paper from her hand and tore those papers into pieces.

"What are you doing Aarvik?", Chiko shouted. Our family arrived when this commotion is going on. "What happened Chiko?", Vikram uncle asked Chiko. "Dad Aarvik tore the agreement papers", Chiko told her dad. I damn care now.

"Why are you not letting her sign the papers?", Vikram uncle asked me. "If I ask your daughter to sign the divorce papers on the day of her marriage will you let her sign?", I asked him. I think it is time to tell everyone about my decision

"I know I agreed for this marriage only for six months. Let us see after six months then", I told him. "What do you mean by let's see?", Vikram uncle again questioned me. "It means it is time for me to decide whether I should live with a girl who believed in stupid curse and broke the marriage. Or I should live with a girl who got ready for the marriage after knowing everything. Though she had her reasons, her thoughts were pure. And if your daughter really trusted my love then she would have not left me in the middle. I don't know what future holds for us. But in this life I have accepted Aiyu as my wife. That is final. I don't know about this curse. But today in front of you all I make a promise. Even if Aitri dies after six months as you all say because of your superstitious beliefs, then also I won't do second marriage. For me marriage is just once and I did it. This is my final decision", I told in a firm tone.

My parents looked at me proudly. "Chiko, we were friends first. If you want I can still be your friend but not more than that", I told her clearly. Chiko wiped her tears.

"I know you will say this only Aarvik. I did this just because my father didn't believe me when I said that you won't marry me after six months. I remember Aarvik once you told me, for you marriage is just once. When you agreed for this marriage that time itself I made up my mind that you won't marry me after this. I really wish you and Aitri a happy married life.", Chiko said. She removed the ring what I gave her. "This belongs to you Aiyu from now on. And I will stay as Aarvik's friend in his life for sure. I don't want to lose a friend like Aarvik in my life. Also we are going to do a project together. So I am going to stay in this village only. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me Aarvik", she said looking at both of us and left.

"Viku what did you say before, is that true?", Aiyu asked me. I held her hand firmly. "I don't know Aiyu. I won't lie that I love you and all. But I would like to see how this marriage works. I promise that I will try my best to work this marriage", I told her the truth.

"I don't know whether I will live or...", before she could complete the sentence I kept fingers in her mouth. "Shh. Don't complete the sentence. Nothing will happen to you. I won't let anything happen", I told her and pulled her for a hug. This hug is different from the other hugs we shared. Maybe because now we are hugging each other as husband and wife.

"Ahem...", everyone in the room said looking at us. We both got away from each other and blushed.

My mother took Aiyu to my room. My brothers, Pradhu and Aathu started teasing me. Pradhu and Aathu left after sometime. It was almost night. My mother gave dinner to Aiyu in my room itself. Everyone had their dinner and left. As I had some work, I completed that and I was having my dinner alone suddenly I heard Aiyu's voice from my room. To be specific she shouted. I left my dinner and went inside my room. I was stunned to see the scene what was in front of me.

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

DO VOTE, IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER...

COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER...

GUYS, I AM NOT WELL. I AM HAVING EYE IRRITATION FROM YESTERDAY EVENING. I AM EXTREMELY SORRY FOR THE DELAY. BONUS CHAPTER - 3 OF "THAT IS MY ONLY FAULT" WILL BE UPDATED TOMORROW MORNING. I AM REALLY SORRY. 

NEXT UPDATE : SATURDAY 

FOLLOW ME FOR REGULAR UPDATES...

STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE...

LOTS OF LOVE...

ONCE AGAIN EXTREMELY SORRY...