Kuvira

The library in Zaofu was quiet, and at the moment, void of people. Kuvira spent a lot of time there, just reading and zoning out as much as she could. There wasn't much else she could do while on house arrest, especially without being questioned relentlessly about it. Reading was something no one seemed to care if she did, though she was sure they were keeping track of what she was reading. None of that mattered though, it didn't bother her.

She was just putting a book back on the shelf when the door opened. An innocent smile lay on the slightly surprised face of the second avatar.

"Hello," Sukara smiled as she made her way through the door and into the library.

"Is someone asking for me?" Kuvira asked, trying to work out why Sukara had looked pleasantly surprised when she had seen her.

"Oh no, I'm just looking around," Sukara explained, running her fingertips along the top of the table as she walked around, "I didn't get to see much of the city last time I was here."

Kuvira glanced away, she couldn't help but feel bad. "Sorry," she said, turning back to the bookshelf.

"No, it's alright," Sukara chuckled, as she wandered around the tables until she found a spot to lean on, "I got to see other things that made up for it."

Kuvira could feel a light blush going across her cheeks. She was joking, Kuvira thought to herself, she had to be. Kuvira took a breath to get rid of the blush before turning around.

"So, were you looking for a book? Or Just wanted to see the library?" Kuvira asked, watching Sukara's expressions closely to get more of an idea as to why she was being so casual with her.

"No, just enjoying looking around," Sukara told her, her eyes wandering the room, "I like exploring new places. Why? You're not an explorer?"

Kuvira smiled a little as their eyes met again as Sukara turned her head back to their conversation. "Not here. I've lived here almost all of my life, so I think I've explored everything in Zaofu."

"Really, Zaofu seems like such an interesting place to grow up," Sukara said, pushing herself off the table, this time wandering towards Kuvira. "You must know all the good places to show tourists then."

Kuvira watched the smirk appear on Sukara's lips. If Sukara wanted to start this game again, Kuvira was more than happy to play along. She had to be the first person in a long time to treat her like a person first, and a criminal second.

"Well, I can't leave the grounds," Kuvira told her, seating herself on the edge of the top of the lower bookshelf. Her arms folded over her chest, squaring her shoulders, "I could give you a list, if you like."

"Or," Sukara smirked, sliding her way along the top of the lower bookshelf so that she was now next to Kuvira. Sukara could feel her heart beating out of her chest, she hadn't intended to get this close but she was here now, "you could just show me around the grounds. I haven't seen those either."

"You know," Kuvira said, turning her head away from Sukara, breaking the moment, "if you wanted to spend time with me that badly, you could've just asked. You didn't have to pretend to be interested in the library."

"What? I-- I am interested," Sukara stuttered, trying to suppress a smile which only made the blush across her cheeks worse, "I love library's. They're full of... Books. I love books, they're very handy, books are great."

Kuvira laughed as Sukara stumbled over her words. It wasn't going to be hard to win at this game. She gave a little shake of her head as she noticed the light shade of pink that covered the top of Sukara's cheeks. Not hard at all.

"Come one," Kuvira smiled, standing back up and walking towards the door, "I'll show you around the garden and you can tell me all about this dark past you have."

"How big is this garden?" Sukara asked, following Kuvira out of the library, "because that is 24 and a half years of trauma or were you referring to the trauma I caused because that is a little shorter."