Chapter 100: A Chance

Man, I love this song. Armstrong is one of the best Villains out there, don't change my mind. 

Your POV

I was in my ship, talking to the Diamonds through the Dimensional Communicator. It's currently midnight still and everyone was asleep, except for my troops of course. All three Diamonds can be seen in the screen and we just kept talking for hours...I miss them, so so much.

Y/N: How are things back home? H-how are you? How are all of you?

White Diamond: We're fine, Y/N. All of us are. We took over some of your duties until you return.

Y/N: *sigh* That's good to hear.

White Diamond: When will you be able to return?

Y/N: It won't be long, I promise, love. Don't worry.

Yellow Diamond: You better come back, Y/N! Or I won't forgive you!

Y/N: I will...but there's...something I'd like to ask...

White Diamond: What is it?

Y/N: Did you really have to make another Painite?

White Diamond: Why yes! Do you like her? She's very energetic is she not?

Y/N: White, I feel like I'm being fucking replaced.

White Diamond: W-what?

Y/N: She can do what I do, White. She has War Smith, she has Crystal Pillars and Petrification Ability, which I HAVE. And she has wings! The most noticeable part has to be the wings!

Blue Diamond: Y/N, sweetie, calm down. The reason why we made her is so you...can finally have someone you can relate to.

Y/N: Then...then why does it feel like I'm the copy of her? Your original plans were to make a Female Painite in the first place, and I'm just an accident...now that you had what you want...I feel like I'm a defective.

White Diamond: Y/N, sweetheart, you're not an accident, nor would we ever replace you. We love you, Y/N. And we'll do everything to keep you happy, because we know you'll do the same to us.

Y/N: I.....*sigh* I have to go. I still have some things to do. I'll talk to you later.

White Diamond: Goodbye, my love. Stay safe.

I gently smiled as I cut off the connection. I sat back on my chair and I rubbed my temples. I stood from my chair and walked out of the cockpit and was about to head into my quarters when I suddenly heard sobbing in the other room. I investigated it and I opened the door, and saw...Painite....she was the one who's crying? She looked up and she noticed me.

Painite: O-oh! Sir! Y-you're here. *sniff* I-I was just-

Y/N: Were you listening on our conversation just now? Is that why you're crying?

She stood up and she wiped away her tears and she recomposed herself.

Painite: Look I'm...I-I'm sorry t-that I *sniff* made you feel that way. I-I'll stay out of your way if you want to-

I cut her off by walking closer to her and wrapping my arms around her, widening her eyes, with tears still in them.

Y/N: Me and the Diamonds talked it out...it's fine.

Painite: B-but what about what you said? A-about you feeling replaced when I came? I-isn't that what you said?

Y/N: I know what I said. But what I said is my problem. Look, you're a nice person, I know. But if someone hates or dislikes you for your mistakes or flaws, then that's their problem...