𝖔𝖓𝖊

[this story is mature. there will be no further warning.]

ELARA didn't think she could pull this off

She considered going and finding Draco to explain the situation but she couldn't seem to find the proper oppurtunity to sneak away - at least not when she was sandwiched between her sister and Alice Thomas who were currently engaged in a heated political discussion.

"Isn't that enough politics for the day?" Elara groaned, clamping her hands over her ears. "You two have nearly talked my ears off."

"I second that," said George Weasley from across the compartment.

"We do have an Ear Regrowing potion if you need one, El," Fred responded with a wink. The corner of Elara's mouth quirked up in a smile.

Her sister, Freya, huffed, settling back in her seat and turning to look out the window as the train crossed the bridge. "It's not my fault Alice thinks - "

"Enough!" Elara interrupted, shooting her elder sister a glare as Alice giggled.

"It's quite alright," the older Slytherin girl said, cheerily. "It's interesting to hear your sister's views on the Wizarding World."

"Yes. Well, I kindly ask the both of you to take those discussions elsewhere, preferably not right by my ear." Elara seized the oppurtunity to jump to her feet. "I think I need to walk it off."

She could go find Draco's compartment and -

"I'll come with." Freya made a move to stand but Elara was already outside the compartment, sliding the door shut, effectively telling her sister she'd like to be alone.

"Oh, for fuck's sake!"

Elara started at the voice behind her and whirled to face Ron Weasley who turned a quite curious shade of burgundy when he noticed it was her he'd just bumped into.

"I - oh - I'm sorry -" he stuttered, his shaggy red hair falling into his eyes. "I didn't see you there, Elara -"

"Don't sweat it, Weasley." She gave him a nudge with her elbow. "Your brothers are in there." She jerked her head towards the compartment door.

"Thanks." Ron smiled, sheepishly, and slipped past her as she turned to go find Draco's compartment.

She'd never done this before - she didn't really know what to expect. Would he be pissed? Or would he exude the cold indifference he did with every other matter on the face of this planet?

Elara couldn't stop herself from rolling her eyes at the thought. Trust Draco to play everything like it was a game.

In some ways, it was a talent.

"Looking for someone, Elena?"

Elara froze at the voice and closed her eyes for a few seconds, praying she'd imagined it.