Chapter Sixteen

Thank you for all the love on this book.

Her mind was silent. The world was silent around her. Myra could not hear the sound of the water dripping down on the ground. A deafening echo filled her mind as she heard whispers close by.

Myra opened her eyes slowly, not able to move from the ground she was laying on. Her body was numb, every inch of her body was in pain as she forced herself to sit up. Myra looked around the dark room she was in. She couldn't see anything, her heightened sense felt so mundane

Luna? She called out in her mind as she winced at the pain she felt everywhere. 

Luna did not answer her as she heard rustling close by. The door slammed open, a light shining down on her. Myra closed her eyes tightly, flinching at the light that seemed to burn her skin. 

"Alpha Jackson is going to be so happy you're here." A man chuckled as she heard him enter the room. 

The bright light was removed from her face as it filled the room up. Myra didn't glance at the empty room, instead she looked up at the man with the mask. He was the one that had injected her with enough wolfsbane that could have killed her. 

Myra was immune to wolfsbane, though a lot of it- enough to kill her, could still affect her body like it was doing now. She was a basic human and could not shift, could not hear or breathe easily like a werewolf did.  

The man lowered himself down and watched her move away from him. She couldn't see his face other than his dark brown eyes that seemed to smirk at her. Taunt her. Laugh at her. 

"Alpha Jackson and Alpha Tom are on their way here." He said the words that grew fear in her heart. 

They were going to kill her for running, for finding her mate that had no idea where she was. She could not mindlink him, to scream, to beg him to come and save her. 

Myra was a weak girl who could never stand up for herself while there were males in this world that were hellbent on killing her. She was frightened, scared, terrified of being tortured again. 

"I'll kill myself." She told the man. 

She couldn't die but she would try because she didn't want to go back to being the broken Myra that every wolf loved to hurt. 

"If you try anything like that, Alpha Jackson will kill all of your new friends. Lucy has told me a lot about you." The man chuckled before standing up straight and walking away from her. 

"You can't keep me here." She wanted to scream but her voice was a whisper, the fear inside of her destroying every drop of hope that had grown over the days. 

He laughed and walked out of the door, leaving her in darkness that wanted to wrap itself around her and suffocate her to death. She would allow it if she so much as heard Alpha Jackson's voice. 

The darkness seemed to claw at her skin, at her face, taunting her, whispering how weak she was to not be able to fight. 

Luna? Myra called out in her mind as her body started to burn. 

She tried to control the burning but she could never do it. 

Maybe her body would burn so bright, flames would destroy her. 

The burning started to itch at her skin, making her scratch her arms, the pleading slipping past her lips. "Something is wrong!" She screamed at the door, as her scalp felt like a thousand needles were pricking it.