𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀.

∞

⛓️ 20XX.

Someone once said that if the heart is broken, it can still mend. Time is your saviour.

But how many times can you drop a glass vase until it can't be fixed anymore?

The heart is as fragile as glass. And no matter how hard you try to glue the pieces back together, if it breaks, it will never be the same.

Jeongguk had his first heartbreak at the age of eleven.

Saying goodbye to his grandmother as she lay peacefully in the hospital bed, he gave her still-warm body a tight hug and sobbed into her neck as he listened to her beating heart. And while he was able to whisper I love you's and goodbye's to her body, her mind had already left them.

His heart ached for so long, but turns out that someone was right, after some time it got easier. Jeongguk managed to enjoy things and while he dearly missed his grandmother there was still so much in life to look forward to.

Besides, with Taehyung around, he made it practically impossible for Jeongguk not to be happy.

Kim Taehyung. Jeongguk's second heartbreak.

After relying so much on a person while growing up, Jeongguk suddenly became so lost without his Hyung. He understood that Taehyung had to leave. He was older, he had his life to start.

But fuck, it didn't make it hurt any less.

From spending every spare second of the day with Taehyung, Jeongguk was suddenly all alone.

But it was okay, because like they say, time mends the heart.

So Jeongguk continued to live on, working hard so he could join his Hyung soon in college.

Taehyung was smart, so he managed to get into a college with one of the toughest acceptance rates.

Jeongguk wasn't naturally bright, so he had to dedicate extra time to study. Between being part of the soccer team, the taekwondo team, and the swimming team, Jeongguk still managed to squeeze in time late at night where he sacrificed precious hours of needed sleep.

But it wasn't enough.

Jeongguk still ranked low on the exam scores. While he did improve significantly from his previous years, it still just wasn't enough.

And with stress piling up in him and his body taking a major toll of his unhealthy lifestyle, Jeongguk was a distraught mess. Taking out his emotions on his friends, teammates, coaches, teachers, and his parents.

Then came his third heartbreak.

After passing out during one of his soccer games and sustaining a severe knee injury, his father quickly got into his car and sped off to reach his son at the hospital.

But soon it was him who was being wheeled into the operation room.

Jeongguk woke up just an hour after his father died in the ICU.

He had been speeding a red light. He tried to swerve. It was too late.
The words were poured into his ear and just flew out of the other.

Time.

Time was supposed to heal him.

Jeongguk just wanted it to pass. For everything to pass.

But time was going by so slowly.

He finally got out of the hospital after two operations were conducted on his knee.

His heart hadn't even healed yet when it received another hit.

He could never play sports again.

At home everything was quiet.

The soft jazz was missing from the kitchen that his father always used to play on their old vintage jukebox. The door shut and locked from his bedroom. His mother refused to go in there.

His mother refused to do anything.

She just worked all day until she arrived home late at night, stumbling into the house with wobbling legs and slurred words, calling out to her husband that she was home.

Jeongguk would tuck her into his bed, taking off her shoes or helping her all night as she sat in front of the toilet bowl.

Jeongguk was fifteen.

He was fifteen when he woke up one day to receive the call that his mother never turned in for work. He was fifteen when he heard her phone ring from inside his father and her's shared bedroom.

He was fifteen when he walked in and saw his mother's body swaying in the air, dressed in beautiful white wedding fabrics with a chair laying down on the ground beneath her feet.

When Jeongguk was fifteen, his broken heart crumbled into pieces until nothing was left.

Time heals the heart?

What fucking bullshit.

Jeongguk never even had the privilege of time.

But maybe, just maybe, there's still hope for him.

Hope that will return in the form of Kim Taehyung.

𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

this is going to be sad one guys. i hope you're ready.