Chapter 17

Derek and Michelle are back to being the way they used to be. Derek no longer acts cold and distant and Michelle is happy about that.

It was a Wednesday, and Derek and Michelle decided to stay at home and have a lazy day. Their living room was filled with junk food they had ordered while watching a movie. They were barely paying attention to the movie because they kept making out here and there.

"Derek, please stop," Michelle begged as she was laughing uncontrollably because Derek was tickling her.

"Tell me you love me," he persuaded.

"Derek... I can barely breathe," she replied.

"Just say you love me and I'll let you go." he insisted.

"Okay.. okay... I love you... Now please stop."

Derek stopped tickling Michelle so she could catch her breath. They were now both lying on the couch, suddenly Derek straddled Michelle and began kissing her. She wrapped her arms around his neck to deepen the kiss.

"Is this the reason why you weren't at work today?"

They both jumped at the sudden voice as Michelle tried to smoothen her disheveled hair. They were startled to see Rebecca inside the house, they didn't even hear her walk in.

"Mom, why didn't you tell me you were coming over?"

"Do I need to?" She asked irritatedly.

"No no, you don't... Is everything okay? Is dad okay?" Derek asked, wondering why his mom came to his house unannounced.

"Well. Everything is fine and your dad is okay,"

"Um... I'll leave you two alone," Michelle said, standing up from the couch because she was already feeling unwelcome in the conversation.

"And where do you think you're going?" Rebecca asked glaring at Michelle who stood still, looking confused.

"Uh, um, I thought you would like to be alone with Derek." she nervously replied.

"Where is Nathan?" Rebecca turned to Derek and asked ignoring Michelle's reply.

"He already moved out. Didn't he tell you?"

"No, he didn't... I came here to see him."

Rebecca was surprised that Nathan never mentioned anything to her.

"Give me a minute, I'll go get his address," Derek said as he stood up from the couch and walked out of the living room.

Michelle felt helpless and nervous. Derek's presence didn't stop his mom from throwing insults at her but at least it made her feel safe just knowing she was not alone.

Rebecca now turned to Michelle

"What is all this trash littered all over the place?" Rebecca asked with a look of disgust as her eyes observed the state of the living room.

"Does any of this look healthy to you?" She asked now raising her voice. Michelle flinched at Rebecca's sudden anger.

"So, you spend your time feeding my son with junk and spread your thighs for him in compensation for wasting his money. Is that what your parents thought you?... Well, I can't blame you since low lives like you aren't even fit to be in a relationship with someone from our class... You can't even take care of a simple home."

"Mom!" Derek, who was now in the living room yelled. He heard his mom talking but he could barely hear what she was saying until he got to the living room.

Michelle had her head low in shame as she didn't want to look at Rebecca whose presence was intimidating, not to mention the hurtful things she just said to her.