19

"Damn...things have gone shit for me too" you sigh in distress, very quitely mumbling to yourself. "If only I could get through to V..."

He stops dead in his tracks, "Sorry?"

He didn't know why something in his stomach suddenly jumped- was he just being paranoid it or did he hear you just mention V ...? He had only heard the last bit so he wasn't sure.

"I said" you clear your throat, breaking away from your reverie. "If only WE knew..."

You mentally scold yourself for letting your thoughts slip out; it would be risky if a normal civillian like Taehyung knew you had connections with the anonymous group. You hope your clumsy facade would cover it up.

"I thought you said something about V..." his tensed jaw tilts to the side as he gazes towards the window, slowly meeting your casual gaze.

"Oh, you mean the guy that was on the news the other day?" you pop, fidgeting with your fingers behind your sweater. Act natural. "There were another two mentioned too...J and B, I think?"

"It's D" he corrected, his lips tilting into a subtle smile but it's not long before the discomposure seeps back into his features.

she kinda sus...

"Oh" you raise an eyebrow, indicating your facade of oblivion. "I don't know too much, to be honest. But don't you think they're getting a bit too ahead of themselves? I mean, especially D. It's like they're doing it for clout and attention, if there actually is proof why aren't they doing anything about it? Fuck them, honestly."

Admist your nervousness, you had gotten a bit too carried away and blabbered on in an attempt to conceal any signs of suspicion. Wouldn't it be weird if you worked for the government yet supportted the anonymous group?

How ironic.

Rubbing your clammy hands on the sides of your sweater, you look up to only have your breath hitched in surprise; his slitted eyes narrowed towards you abominably. "Shut your mouth"

"Why so pressed?" you ask, gulping as the heat of his gaze resonates through your very core.

"Listen..." He grabs your collar, anger imminent through the harsh words filtering out his lips. His lips part, a muscle in his jaw twitching as he prepares to say something.

But he doesn't, mouth slowly closing as his teeth grind instead.

Your widened eyes narrow in retrospection, your gaze breaking away from his as they travel down to his lips.

"....are we about to kiss right now?"

He doesn't react to the meme reference, his expression showing no vestige of amusement. His scowl of annoyance only increases to marr his sharp features. "Too bad I have a girl"

And with that, he releases his grip and you almost stumble back.

"Go bald" you run a hand down your clothes to smooth it, imagining it was Taehyung's smooth bald head instead. "I have....a man too"

A heavy silence contaminates the air as you both hold gazes; a perplexing stillness exuding out of your orbs. The extended glare is snapped away as Taehyung turns his back to you, and without sparing you another glance, he mutters a quiet "bye then" before walking away.

"Girl, huh.." he mutters to himself, troubled thoughts apparent in his expression. "Potato girl...we haven't talked for three days. What the hell happened to you?"

but what if...

-

Your myriad of conflicted thoughts clog up until they fill the little space your brain has left; and eventually you stop thinking.