Chapter 3:

Eli Clemens' P.O.V.

Who is this girl? Yes, her name is Colby, but fuck...who is she? She seems incredible, and I want to know everything about her. There's got to be something wrong with me, but holy shit. That's all I got to say. She's beautiful, gentle, cute (more like adorable). Her skin is soft, her lips perfectly plump, her voice like a soft rain. Her giggle is like music to my ears.

I've known this girl for ten minutes, and I want her. I want her in every way possible. I want everything about her. And I don't even know her that well. I just want her. I study the side of her face as her attention turns back to the book. I subtly play with the ends of her (almost) honey colored brunette hair.

I bite my bottom lip as my eyes run over the side of her face all the way to her cappuccino colored legs. I press down the urge to run my hand over the skin on her thigh. I bet it's so smooth. In order to get my aching desire under control, I nudge Colby with my shoulder. Her brown eyes gaze up at me.

"Yes?"

"Talk to me."

She places her book back down and turns towards me. Her leg is so damn close, but I don't touch her. I won't touch her until I know her better. Maybe holding her hand can be an exception though. That's already been done, and I really don't want to let go.

"About what?"

"What do you like to do?"

"I like to read, draw, and listen to music. Watch movies and tv. I'm just like everyone else."

"For some reason, I think that incredibly untrue. There's got to be something."

"I've got a disorder or disease or something."

I wasn't expecting that but okay. Cool...if you can call a disorder cool.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I don't know much about it, but it's called Dependent Personality Disorder or DPD."

Oh, I know about that. My aunt has close to the same disorder, but she was incorrectly diagnosed with DPD. I don't know much about it, just like Colby, but I have a feeling I know more than her. And truly, I don't mind it. Especially with her. I could see myself really wanting to get to be around Colby...like all the time.

I understand that she's probably going to see my father for therapy, but I want to help her. I hope she doesn't think I'm taking advantage of her for having DPD. It's not like she can choose to have the disorder. And I'm not going to use that against her or use it to make her like me more. I just want to get to know her, spoil her, treat her the way she deserves to be treated.

I want to show her that even if she has a disorder, she doesn't have to let herself be controlled by it. I don't want her to feel like she has to please me all the time. I want to help her. It's so fucking weird why I feel this way. I've never felt this way towards anything (besides a dog) before. I want to be around her. I want, and I want, and I want.

However, I want to know what Colby wants too.

"What else? What tv do you like to watch?"

"Anything my brother watches."

"Do you like it?"

"I like it if he likes it."

"What would you rather watch?"

I can visibly see her freeze up at my words.

"It doesn't matter to me, Eli."

"I apologize for pushing you. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

"It's okay."

"No, it's not okay. I shouldn't be doing that to you."

Colby smiles up at me, and I bite my lower lip to try and stop myself from spitting something absolutely cliché. Why does she make me feel like this? My heart is racing, but I feel comfortable. It makes no sense. There's nothing logical or rational about any of this. And I already don't want anything different.

"Eli?"

"Yes?"

"What about you?"

"I'm a running back for the high school football team, but I'm not super popular. I read any book that's in my reach. Not many people know this, but I love watching Disney princess movies. And, I wouldn't be anywhere without my best friends--brothers really. The hectic, wild, pushy four of them."

"Who's your favorite princess?"

"I can't decide between Rapunzel or Tiana."

"I have the same problem. They are just too good. I like Belle too."

"Oh, yeah. Belle's great! Favorite books?"

"I really like all Percy Jackson books,-" She points to the book next to her, "-but I also like Twilight. Harry Potter is good too, but some things I don't understand."

"And you understand vampires better?"

"Voldemort's scary! Harry's parents are murdered. That's so scary."

"Yeah, that can be a little frightening, but you don't have to be afraid."

"Why not?"

"Because Voldemort's not real."

Even though there are people that murder others. However, this innocent, cute girl doesn't need to know all that. It's not like she's going to encounter them on a daily basis, especially with me around. Once she meets the other guys, I bet they'll feel the same way. They won't be able to help it. Just as I am. I'm already losing my goddamn mind for this girl.