Chapter 12:

Eli Clemens' P.O.V.

Colby walks out of her bedroom looking absolutely perfect. She looks so comfortable you just want to cuddle and hug her. She gives me a small spin, and I kiss her as she falls into my arms.

"You look beautiful, baby."

"Thank you."

A pink rose petal color coats her cheeks. I weave her arm through mine, and we say a quick goodnight to the family. They wave at us as Mulan plays on the television. I open the passenger door to my black 1970 Ford Capri car. My buddies call it my Hardin Scott car. You know, after the movie After by Anna Todd. Hardin Scott drives the same car, though I had it before the movie came out.

Colby smiles as I start to car, making Taylor Swift play over the radio. I try to switch it, but Colby groans, so I put up with it. I actually don't mind Taylor Swift, I think she's quite good, but I'm just not in the mood. However, the girl that I'm falling in love with...is. The things I'm going to put up with for her. Jesus Christ.

It takes about twenty minutes before we pull up into Michael's driveway. Daxton Sadler, Alex Eastwood, Michael Victors, Keegan Parker, and I have all been friends since kindergarten. My family had just moved and we all just clicked. From the start. And ever since, we've been together. We aren't the most perfect, good grade, straight A boys, but we take care of one another.

And we all want to take care of the same woman. Not that it defines our relationship, we are non-biological brothers, but the fact that we want to share a significant other, makes us closer than you can imagine. I'm hoping, as I've said what feels like multiple times before...I'm truly hoping Colby is that one woman. It would be beyond anything I could ever dream.

Colby's legs shake as she stands up out of the car.

"You'll be alright, baby. They aren't gonna hurt you, and I'm right here."

"You trust them?"

"Of course I do. If I didn't, we wouldn't be here. Are you ready?"

"I want to meet them, but I'm very nervous."

"You are going to be just fine. Now, come here. Take my hand."

Her little hand clasps onto mine, and her fingers intertwine with mine. I give her a light kiss on the head. I tug her towards the front door, and I hold her against my side as we make our way to the backyard. I don't think I've even entered Michael's house by the front door in like, four years. Colby chews her bottom lip subconsciously as we hear the voices of my friends.

"What up?!"

Colby breaks away from me as Daxton jumps on top of me.

"Where the hell have you been?"

I chuckle, patting his back as he breaks away from me.

"With this girl."

I nod my head towards Colby, and Daxton's mouth drops open.

"Holy shit."

Colby blushes a deep red, and I throw my arm around her shoulder. Daxton and my other friends eye it, and instantly understand. I mouth 'we'll talk later' at them before guiding Colby to a seat. Alex asks her if she wants a drink, but Colby says no. I subtly ask him to grab us both a Coke before sitting down with everyone.