Chapter 13:

"So, who might you be?"

Colby turns to Keegan before looking up at me. I nod my head towards them, signaling that she needs to get out of her comfort zone a bit.

"I'm Colby."

"Nice to meet you Colby. I'm Keegan-" He points around the circle while stating everyone else's names, "-Daxton, you know Eli it seems, Michael, and Alex."

"It's nice to meet you all. I didn't know that you guys would be so nice."

We all smile at one another, and I can see that the guys really like her.

"Um, can I use the restroom?"

Michael stands, taking her hand.

"I'll show you, baby. Come on."

I kiss her temple before she stands, and Michael shows her to the bathroom.

"Fucking hell. I want her."

"Daxton, don't you think it's a little fast?"

"You know who my parents are right?"

Alex nods in agreement.

"We've got our parents genes. The two of us move fast. It seems that Eli and Michael have also. Baby? Ha. What's wrong, Keegan?"

"Absolutely fucking nothing."

Michael pushes open the backdoor, a dreamy look on her face.

"Boys, we aren't about to pass up this opportunity. She's exactly what we want."

"She's a human being, not an opportunity."

"She's an opportunity for us to fall in love. For her to fall in love with us."

I clear my throat, getting the attention of my friends.

"Colby has DPD."

"The dependent disorder?"

I turn to Daxton who just piped into the conversation.

"Yeah. She's living with my family for therapy. We're trying to get her to be more independent. So, If we were going to do this, she has to learn. Make mistakes. We can't protect her from everything."

"Are you kidding? I'm going to protect her from anything and everything."

"She needs to learn, Alex. She's dangerously naive. She could get seriously hurt if we don't teach her about rape and to protect herself. We're not going to be able to be with her twenty four, seven. Especially when she moves back home."

"But we can still take care of her right?"

"Yes, but we also have to let her do things herself. She's a sitting duck, and I think the best thing we can do to protect her is expose her."

"She hasn't been at school."

"Colby's deciding on that right now. This might be a jerk move, but I have really good intentions."

"What?"

"I think we should convince her to go to school. Use unconventional methods."

"Promises of sex?"

Michael earns a slap on the back of his head by Keegan.

"Fucking asshole! No. He means persuasion of being able to see one another. Fuck you, man."

"She's beautiful. I want to have sex with her. What's wrong about that?"

"Why are you so horny all the time?"

"That's a lie. At least my mouth didn't drop open the minute I saw her!"

Daxton lunges across the table in mock violence. We chuckle as they start to bicker. When we hear the back door open, I lift my head up to see Colby. She runs forward, leaping into my arms, giggling as I tickle her sides.