Chapter 18:

As I let out another shaky breath, I turn off the hot water, letting the cold air hit me like a train. I reach from behind the heavy, glass shower door to grab onto the fluffy, gray towel that Daxton had handed to me as he guided me inside the bedroom. I swipe the towel along my skin, loving the way it feels. I step out onto the multiple, cold colored shower rug.

A soft knock makes me speed up my drying process, quickly wiping the water droplets off my freshly cleaned body.

"Baby? Are you okay in there?"

Alex calls to me, making me incredibly nervous to answer. Daxton and I had just talked about him not liking me. Will he do something to me? Does he know what I had said about him? If I told him, how would he take it? Is that something that -- since Daxton said that they like, like me -- he would want to work on with me? I don't want him to dislike me, and I never intended that to happen. And it's not like I dislike him either.

"Baby?"

"I'm okay."

"When you come out, I think we should talk."

"I don't have any clothes."

"I've got some right in my hand. You can change, and then we can talk."

I finish wrapping the towel tightly around my body, not wanting it to fall to embarrass Alex. We've only just met. It would be weird if he saw me naked not even twenty four hours later. Plus, I don't really want him to see me naked at this particular time.

I open the door, the heat from the bathroom already overflooded with the cold air rushing in. I shiver, pulling the towel closer to try and keep myself a little bit warm. Alex doesn't say a word before handing me the clothes and telling me to change fast. He rambles quietly about me getting a cold as I change in the bathroom, the door not fully shut.

The clothes hang off of me. I'm practically drowning in them, but they smell so good. They feel so good and warm. I throw the final piece of clothing, a hoodie, over my white tank top covered chest. For an unknown, unexpected reason it brought a sense of safety...of comfort. It's like when I'm being held and hugged by one of the guys.

I hang the towel up neatly, not wanting Michael to get mad about me making a mess, and I walk out of the bathroom. Alex takes my hand, holding me close to him. His heat radiates off of him and even enough we aren't on best terms at the moment, I can't help but move closer to him. Like a magnetic pull.