Chapter 19:

Alex Eastwood's P.O.V.

I hold her tight in my arms, finally understanding what my father said what feels like all those years ago. "When you comfort a woman, hold her close to you and feel a sense of responsibility to take care of her for the rest of your life...that's how you know. That's how I knew, and one day, I hope you get to feel the same way." At first, as most children are of their parents, I was skeptical. I thought he was only saying it to prove that he knew everything. However, as much as I hate saying this, I know he's right.

Because I feel it with her. I feel it with Colby on a level of something I just don't quite understand. I would give up everything to be with her. As long as I would get the chance to spend the rest of my life holding her right near me, I would do anything for her. It makes me nervous. Scares the shit out of me really, but I'm okay with that.

Her small hand tangles between my fingers as we make our way into the living room where everyone else is. The guys happily glance up to see Colby standing there, looking all cute and everything. Michael's clothes hang off of her, and when he sees her, it's almost like everything stops. He just can't look away...not that you would ever want to.

Michael opens his arms for Colby, and with a bright smile on her face, she goes launching herself into his embrace. We lowly chuckle as Michael and her talking loudly about god knows what, something about Cat and Ladybug something or another. Before Eli can reach it, Daxton has planted himself right next to Colby, Keegan sitting on the other side.

I walk over to the tv, grabbing the remote, but before I have a chance to turn it on, Eli grabs my attention. We walk into the kitchen after telling everyone we are going to make some popcorn.

"Have you apologized about anything yet?"

"No. I don't want to bring it up, but I know we have to talk."

"Do it, and then we can watch a movie or something. You know she asked Daxton if you didn't like her. Why don't you tell her sorry and show that you do like her."

I nod in agreement before going back into the living room. I tell Michael that Eli needs his help, subtly telling him that Colby and I need to talk. Colby climbs onto Keegan's lap, but once I sit, she turns her attention to me.

"Baby, I want to apologize for not being welcoming towards you. I'm nervous around you, and it scares me how fast I'm really getting to like you. I don't want to mess up getting to know you. I'm just-"

"Alex, it's okay. I was worried that you didn't like me, but Daxton said that you're worried about liking me too much. But you can like me in whatever way you want. I want you to be happy."

"And I am happy. Around you, I'm very happy. I'm sorry that I didn't show it in the right way. I'm going to be nicer to you from now on, okay?"

Colby bites her bottom lip, a small smile gracing her beautiful, kissable lips. I bring my hand up, cradling her face in my hands as her eyes flutter closed at my touch. I press a kiss to her forehead as she decides to forgive me for being a total asshole.

Keegan tugs her back into his hold, turning her so her body faces the tv. I watch as he places a soft kiss on her neck, but I don't feel any jealousy. It's more of a relief than anything. I'm relieved that Colby has allowed even the smallest bit of intimacy with each of us. It's not exactly sexual, but that doesn't matter. She's comfortable with all of us. That's what counts.