Chapter 1

"Just promise me you'll come back home" Kimono's mother whimpered.

"Mom, I'm fourteen and already have a griomore, I think I'll pass the entrance exam pretty easily" said Kimono with a straight look on his face.

"Come back as soon as possibly big brother!"cried Kemoni (Kimono's little brother).

Kimono then nodes to his sobbing little brother and left his house with again, a straight look on his face. But not without the whole village telling them good luck though. You see, Kimono was raised in the boonies and his own father hated living in the boonies so he abandoned him and his mother when he was just ten months old and nobody has seen or heard of him since. Kimonos goal is to become the Wizard King so his brother, mother, and village will no longer have to live in  poverty.
On his way to the exam he marveled at how big the capital was compared to the boonies.

"This is it, my first step to becoming the Wizard King" Kimono thought with a little smurk on his face.

Kimono is as confident as ever that he is going to pass. He have been training his wood magic since he was about ten years old and beating older kids who owned griomores. With his wood magic is able to turn any limp in his body to wood and is able to create a lot of thing from wooden walls to wooden spikes coming out the ground.

"Candidates. Sorry to keep you waiting. I will be conducting the exam" said William.

William Vangeance

William is the captain of the best Magic Knight Squad, the Golden Dawn.

"Magic Tree Descend!" exclaimed William.

The sky then turned dark and brooms started being handed out by giant branches coming from the sky.

"So is this is the power of a Magic Knight Squad Captain,I guess I still have a lot more work to do." Kimono thought.

"We will now have you all take several tests. The nine of us will evaluate your performance, and then we will select candidates that we would like to add to our squads. If chosen,you will join the squad. If you're chosen by more than one squad, you may pick the squad you would like to join. On the other hand, those who are not chosen by any captain will be asked to leaved emediately" said William with a serious look on his face.

For the first challenge they had to fly on brooms. Kimono and Yuno were the only two that were flying with ease.

Yuno

Yuno is a wielder of wind magic and possessises a four-leaf clover.

But there was one person who stood out the most, Asta.

Asta

Asta is a kid who doesn't have any magic but uses a anti magic sword.

The next challenges were magical ability, magical ability control, creation magic, and developmental magic. Both Kimono and Yuno were standing out positively, while Asta was standing out negatively. The last challenge was sparing matches.

"Hey you seem pretty strong,wanna fight" said Zarida.

"Alright then let's go," said Kimono

"Combatants, come forward" the referee yelled.

"Ready" "Set"" Go"