day four: sweet & salty

originally, i was gonna write nsfw for today, but i wrote this all in a blind flurry sunday night.
still writing the second part to day two and day three is like halfway done. the amount of research i had to do for day three istg
tw// in the comments.

it was late; the sun had set hours ago. suga was in the middle of his homework. he knew he should've done it sooner, but he had a bad problem with procrastinating. chewing the end of his pencil, suga typed equations into his calculator. after getting a solution, he groaned, and he let his pencil drop to the paper. the sound of it scratching was almost therapeutic.

scratch scratch. it was the only thing suga could hear. scratch.

he used the end of the pencil to press the keys of the TI-84. they clicked, then the pencil was back down to the paper. scratch. click click click. scratch.

ring?

suga's head jolted up. he immediately recognized the sound as his phone ringtone. with a sigh, he stood, pushing the chair to his desk in. he walked across the hardwood flooring to where his phone was plugged in on his nightstand. the ringing tuned out his soft footsteps, already almost mute because of the socks he had on.

daichi? why is he calling me, suga wondered, surprised the captain was up so late. he slid his finger across the phone screen and accepted the call, putting it against his ear.

it was quiet. suga could've swore he could hear muffled shouts and daichi's ceiling fan. then, there was a sniffle.

"daichi," suga asked, his voice curving upwards at the end. he kept his tone softer than his steps. "why are you up so late?"

daichi stayed silent.

this isn't good, suga thought to himself, is it his..?

"can you speak," suga asked, his voice becoming stern. "just say yes if you can."

the muffled shouts on daichi's end became louder, and suga could make out, "i'm gonna fucking break the door down myself if you don't fucking open it daichi!"

his parents...

daichi sniffled again, soon letting a choked sob free. it made suga's heart shatter.

"i'm coming, baby," suga said, going to his closet to grab shoes to slip on. "keep me on the line. i'm coming. i'll be there soon."

suga didn't care how loud his steps were now. he bolted out of his room and slid down the banister of his stairs. he grabbed his car keys off the hook near his front door and flicked the lock. he rushed out the front, running to his car and starting it.

suga didn't care about speed limits. he needed to get to daichi and fast. he pressed his gas pedal and sped through the stop lights, thankful that no one else was on the roads.

he still had daichi on the phone, listening carefully for the broken boy's words, which he had none of. all suga heard were his heavy breaths.

"halfway there, babe. hold on, okay? i'm gonna be there soon. stay safe."

after a few more minutes, he heard a loud banging, on which suga assumed was daichi's closet door. daichi gasped, and suga heard his mother scream, "open the fucking door! you're useless!"

"you're not useless, daichi," suga said immediately, "don't listen to her."

"i wish you were never born!"

"i'm so happy you're here," suga retaliated.

"you make everyone's life a living hell! fucking die!"