✘1.13

The atmosphere surrounding the school sat heavy with sullen faces and scattered cuts and bruises- tear stained cheeksNo longer was there any lightheartedness or jovial ringing of laughter echoing through the halls

No longer was there any lightheartedness or jovial ringing of laughter echoing through the halls.

It was as if the life had been sucked out of everyone, grave expressions and the lack of conversation made Jisoo's eyes flicker around anxiously.

She couldn't help but feel the burdensome weight settle on her chest. The guilt was like gasoline injected into her guts, her insides twisting mercilessly whilst she walked around- her eyes drawing over to Chenle who was limping with noticeable injuries.

Her breath hitched, taking a step forward with her hand outstretched to call out to him but she halted, withdrawing her hand and shoulders slumping.

"You'll just make things worse." She whispered, shaking her head.

"I don't know love." An almost monotonous voice spoke as he stopped by his locker followed by his girlfriend.
"What do you mean Jisung? You said you were looking into it." Chaerin hissed in a whisper, running her hand stressfully through her hair.

"At this rate we'll both be forced away from the positions of leaders." She spoke, trying to get Jisung to think straight.

He sighed heavily, his locker door slamming shut as he turned around.
"I don't know what you want me to say, it's hard for me too you know?-"

"Guys, can you shut up. My head is killing as it is." A new voice muttered out, reaching his friends.

Jisoo pursed her lips shut, timidly and quietly getting things out of her locker.
"I'm glad I got the necklace off." Aria spoke as she walked alongside Donghyuck.

Jisoo's eyes flickered up, peering to the side to see Aria's neck free from anything.
She paused, racking through her brain.

"What..." Jisoo whispered out, trying to make sense of the situation.

"That half demon better not show his face anywhere around here I swear to G-" Renjun stopped himself, sighing heavily and massaging his temples as he looked away from his friends.

He unconsciously glanced to the side, his eyes falling to the girl who was already looking in his direction- her eyes widening looking away immediately.

"What?" His tone was cold, devoid of any kindness.
"...um nothing." Jisoo spoke meekly, tucking her hair behind her ear and grabbing the books she needed.

Renjun rolled his eyes at her, giving a disapproving glare.
"Yeah, well fuck off then. Stop trying to eavesdrop."

"Jun," Aria warned, her eyes red and swollen from her obvious crying. Donghyuck rubbing her back comfortingly.

"What?" Renjun shot back, clearly agitated with everything that was going on.

Jisoo closed her locker, gently placing her books in her bag and pulling the straps of her tote like handbag higher on her shoulder as it began to slip.

Her eyes flickered over to Aria once more, opening her mouth to speak but hesitating.

"Are you okay?" Jisoo asked, her soft melodious tone causing them all the look over.

"Me?" Aria asked to which Jisoo nodded.
"Yeah...I'm fine." She replied, confused as to why Jisoo was only picking her out.

Jisoo didn't seem relieved with her answer, instead lingering around them as her stare dropped to Aria's back when she turned to face Donghyuck.

Renjun noticed the fallen angel's stare linger longer on his sister, glare hardened at her.
"What are you waiting for? Go."

He turned around to face his friendship group, back to Jisoo and she gripped her bag strap in her hand- biting down on her bottom lip.

This isn't good...

The purple hue radiating off Aria caused Jisoo to become more worried, especially hearing the necklace was lifted off of her.

Despite being terrified by Demon's, she tried not to show it. The girl began to walk past the group, the guilt conjuring up inside her as she did so- the feeling gnawing at her.

She stopped in the hallway, closing her eyes and mustering up her courage as she spun back around- timidly walking over to the group again.

"Um," she began. "Excuse me..." Jisoo cringed at her shaky voice, gripping her bag strap tighter.

Jisung's eyes drew over to her, nudging Aria and motioning over to the girl.
They all turned around at this, their stares burning into her expectantly.

Jisoo nervously tucked her hair behind her ear again.
"You...how did you get the necklace off?"

They were all utterly confused and Renjun defensively narrowed his stare on her but she wouldn't meet his eyes.
"What's it to you?" He questioned harshly.

"It's just that..." She looked back up at Aria. "You can't take the necklace off without unleashing the spell connected with it."

"What?" Aria's eyebrows furrowed.
"It isn't possible to just take the necklace off...if it was that easy anyone would have done it." Jisoo spoke softly, not wanting to anger anyone.

Chaerin glanced over at Jisung then back at Jisoo.
"What exactly are you saying?"

"Someone casted a spell over you...the purple is mixed with green which usually indicates a spell of binding.
The necklace has been replaced with another spell you can't see so..." She trailed off.

"You mean she's still in danger?" Renjun demanded the girl who nodded hesitantly.

Hi hi sorry for not updating I have no idea what to do with this book so like if you have any suggestionss