Chapter 38: BINGO!

Mia Jones POV:

A week has gone by since I finally let loose on Matteo. A week has gone by since I have last seen him. And it's been the best week of my life.

I haven't seen even a sign of him since then, despite knowing that he is fully staying in the same apartment as me.

At first I thought he'd left me to my own devices. I would walk around the apartment freely and do whatever I wanted within my cage. I would eat all the food in the cupboards, and catch up on all my favourite TV shows on Netflix (which was thankfully American Netflix). And I would sleep wherever I wanted.

But then I noticed that each morning, an apple was placed onto the kitchen island, with one bite in it. When i first saw it, I thought It might've been me, sleep walking or something. But it was too consistent, and then I began staying up late at night, and would listen to the faint footsteps outside my door.

I would creep out to try and catch a glimpse of him, but I only ever caught him when the door was closing.

Something about this whole week is making me queasy.

It doesn't seem right that he would just ignore me like this. Is he plotting something?

Knowing him, probably.

I'm not complaining though. It's been quite therapeutic just lounging around. Of course it's gotten boring, but Dante has visited me a few times this week, to bring the groceries up and other things.

Apparently Matteo doesn't want anyone else to enter the apartment, and has doubled security on the building. I was definitely relieved when Dante had told me, It had certainly extinguished any fears that I had of the person who tried to kill me, coming back.

But however much I've had time to think, I can never push past the thought that I broke my promise to Scott. I left him behind, when I said I would be back for him. I can't help but think he thinks I've abandoned him, or if he even thinks I'm dead.

I hope he's being given food, and I hope his wounds are alright. I hope he is getting through it.

As soon as I return to Maine, I will go to see him, and then we'll devise a plot to escape and go to England. And there we can stare up at the stars and forget everything.

Forget that I was ever kidnapped, that my father is one of the most powerful men in the world...

That sounds nice.

"I bought your favourite, green tea mochi!" Dante exclaims as he exits the elevator, holding up a plastic bag full of food. As he drops the bag on the island, he shrugs off his suit jacket, throwing it onto the bench along with the bags.

I get up excitedly from the couch, not bothering to pause the movie I'm watching. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much I've been craving them." I groan as I begin to search the back, taking out the box of mochi and tearing it apart.

"You look like you haven't seen food in years." Dante remarks playfully.

"You have no idea." I say, stuffing my mouth with the sweet treat.

It's euphoric, mochi is like eating heaven. I can't seem to get enough.

"What have you been up to today?" He asks as he begins putting all the food away in the pantry.

"Oh you know, the usual. Woke up at twelve, had an hour long shower, sat down and watched TV for a few hours..."

"We need to find you a hobby."

"No shit. Did you know that there is literally nothing in this apartment? I've tried looking for anything to entertain myself; board games, cards, pens and paper... The list goes on. This place is severely lacking in the entertainment department!"