𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒
"𝑊𝑒 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑝𝑒𝑜𝑝𝑙𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑤𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑒𝑤!"
—𝐴𝑣𝑖𝑗𝑒𝑒𝑡 𝐷𝑎𝑠
𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟒𝟎𝟑𝟐

⋆⋆⋆✧⋆⋆⋆

"𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐖𝐄'𝐋𝐋 be going over your dream diaries today! I know how much my classes loved them last year—"

Cedric and Liliana exchanged eye-rolls that Professor Trelawney did not catch.

"—so we'll continue to use them this year!" The professor's eyes twinkled with an excitement that the students didn't share. "Take them out, read your dream to your partner, and they will interpret it! You may begin!"

It was the long-awaited thirtieth of October, and Hogwarts had begun to buzz in excitement upon the anticipation of the arrival of the two schools. They had all seen the parchment paper on the notice board a few days previous that stated that both Beauxbatons and Durmstrang would be arriving at six o'clock on the evening of Friday, and classes were meant to end a half-hour early due to that.

Liliana, on the other hand, was not as excited as everyone else, since it meant that the decision from the Goblet of Fire drew closer. It was only a few hours away from when of-age students would begin entering their names in the cup, in the hopes of becoming the worthy champion for their school.

She and Cedric had continuously tried to convince Riley, Devon, and Wesley not to join the competition, although Cedric only seemed half-hearted in the attempt. But no matter how many facts or stats she shot at them, the three boys just wouldn't lose the chance of reaping glory.

So, she gave up. What could she do? There was no point in berating them any further. No, instead, she just had to pray that the Goblet of Fire would find someone more worthy than any of those three (which, honestly, would not be too difficult).

In the last class of the day, Liliana pulled out her dream diary from her book bag and flipped it to the most recent page as Cedric did the same.

She looked up from her neat writing to raise her eyebrows at Cedric and ask, "You want to go first, or shall I?"

He grinned. "You can go." 

"Okay." She looked down at her writing, and sighed before reading it out loud, "I dreamt that Riley had gotten chosen as the Hogwarts champion in the Triwizard Tournament, and then almost immediately died when the first task started." She looked up at him, shrugging as she added, "He got eaten by that dragon he had married in his dream last year, if you're wondering."

"Positive." He nodded with a slight chuckle. "I like it. Kinda funny at the end, I forgot about his dragon-wife."

"Yeah, super funny," she said flatly as she closed her book, leaning back in her seat with another sigh. "You go now."

"Liana." His gentle voice caused her to meet his gaze. "You have nothing to worry about, love."

"I have a lot to worry about." She scoffed as she folded her arms. "My friends dying, for instance."

"No one is going to die." Cedric reached out to grab her hands, and he gently gripped them once he did so. "Everything will be okay. You'll see."

"I suppose," she sighed. "Besides, out of everyone, I'd think you're the most worthy." She ran a hand through her hair before giving him a warm smile. "But you're not entering, so at least I don't need to worry about that."