Chapter 24

It's been a week since Dimitri and I's "confession" to each other. Everything's going great so far. We haven't had a huge fight or anything... yet.

We haven't exactly established what we are, but I'm okay with that. We're taking small, but good steps. I'm happy. Emily is also happy for me. The day she and Jamie walked in on Dimitri and me, we spent the whole night talking. I explained everything to her and she squealed every time I talked about the kisses and make-out scenes. I haven't told her about the night I spent with Dimitri at his place, and what happened before that. I, honestly, am just not ready to get into my mother with her. I don't like talking about my mother with anyone, well with the exception of the time I told Dimitri. I trust Emily and we have a good friendship, I don't want to ruin that in any way, so I'm not going to tell her. At least not now.

"Hello," a voice says out of nowhere, making me jump and pulling me out of my thoughts. I'm currently standing in line at the coffee shop, waiting.

"Jeez! You scared me, Dimitri. Where did you pop out from?" I ask him, still kinda shaky.

"Saw you walk in here. Thought I would come to say hi," he tells me, nonchalantly.

"Fair enough."

"So, uhmm, I was thinking we could go out later?" Dimitri asks me, trying to play it cool.

"Like on a date?" I whisper to him, my face flushed.

He doesn't answer me, only smirks.

"Dimitri?"

"Yes, like on a date," he answers me but raises his voice, so people around us turn to look.

"Shut it or I'm not going," I warn him.

"You sure about that?" He asks me, his voice turning cold, though I notice a certain glimmer in his eyes.

"Yes, I'm positive."

"Alright, then we will drop it," he tells me and starts to walk away. Is he serious?

I sigh out loud, before making him stop by yelling, "What kinda clothes do I need to wear?"

Dimitri doesn't answer. He only turns around to give me 'the' look. That one where he looks me up and down and smirks. I feel my face flush yet again and turn around quickly so he doesn't notice. I guess I'll just text him later then.