Chapter 3

I walk around the treeline picking up sticks that I could use to make a small bird house. Seeing a nice stick I bend  down to pick it up " Hey" I shoot up with a squeak dropping all of my sticks. Turning around my eyes stop on a korean man who looks young but older than me. " Jesus mother fu- why in the hell did you scare me I could have hurt you, your lucky I left my bat in the truck." I rant putting my hands on my hips breathing heavy. he just looks down rubbing his hands together "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you I'm glenn." He introduces "Malice" I huff starting to walk off but was stopped when he started talking. "I was wondering if you didn't have a place to sleep we could sha-" he was cut off "Hey china boy" merle yells stomping towards us catching the attention of the others " Dad" I object reaching my hand out to stop.

"No sweetheart let yer pop take care of this." He growls pushing my hand away. I put my hands up in surrender taking a step back. Grabbin glenns shirt he pulls him closer to his face, daryl starts walking towards us and another guy taking steps closer "You listen here and you lis-." He starts daryl puts a hand on Merles shoulder and whispers something In his ear. Whatever it was he backed off turning around and storming away.

I walk up to glenn reaching my hand out to smooth the wrinkles "Sorry bout that today's been a crazy day" I apologize.  Glenn nods his head "YeaI get that" he chuckles nervously.  I hold out my hand "I'm malice and I'm sorry I was a bitch earlier but you scared me and I had enough scares for one day" I say really fast a smile plastering on my face. Glenn shakes my hand a smile forming on his "Your fine, and I'm sorry for scaring you" he repeats. Awkwardly staring at each other for a couple of moments I speak "Goodnight glenn" I say walking back to my uncle and dad before he could say anything.

They got the tent set up, so I grabbed my bat climbing in and putting my sleeping bag in between merle and daryls. Laying my bat above my head I lay down trying to go to sleep. Unable to fall asleep with the events still playing in my head, that woman probably had a family, children and I smashed her head in. But she wasn't human anymore she was something else, something more vile. But does that make it right. After awhile I hear Merle and daryl outside the tent whisper talking "We're not staying here, this group has a lot of stuff we could use" I think that was dad "Yea but we can't do it just yet, gotta wait till the supplies build up and the virus  calms down" uncle daryl whispers.  "What bout malice think she'll be up for it." My dad asks "No, we're not bringin her into this." Daryl grunts unzipping the tent, I pretended to be asleep while they walk in and lay beside me. My dad kissed my head "love you baby girl." And with that I felt darkness overtake me and I fell into sweet sleep.

*************************

The next morning I wake up to an empty tent, I sit up rubbing the rest of sleep from my eyes. Grabbing my bat I unzip the tent stepping into the hot georgia heat, covering my eyes when the sun hits them. " God son if a bitch." I hiss putting my head down and starting to walk towards the camp. Stopping at the edge of the, I look over all the people, spotting glenn talking to an older man with a fishing hat. Walking over to glenn then I smile when he spots me walking over" Hey malice how are you feeling" he asks.

I groan "Well, my eyebrows don't hurt" he did a little laugh thing and looked at the man "Ah malice this is dale" I nod and dale smiles "Nice to finally meet you" he greets. Turning to glenn "Have you seen my dad or uncle anywhere" I ask pointing all over the place. Shaking his head he points behind "No but shane might he was talking to them earlier."glenn informs pointing over to a man crouched next to a woman and a little boy "Thank you." Walking over there I realize I should of asked for a pair of boots instead of shoes for my last birthday. Stopping behind the man I clear my throat, he stands up and gives me a can I help you look "Umm I was told you know where my dad and uncle ran off to."

He looks a little confused for a minute looking me up and down. Clearing his throat he puts his hand the hunt strapped to his belt "Dixon right" he drawls. I nod mumbling "Yea" he points towards the woods "They went huntin" I look back at the woods for feeling my anger rise. 'They went hunting without me' I curse in my head shane clears his throat pulling me out of my head. Looking back I him I force a wide smile "Thank you" with that I walk away to think of an anger rant to say to them when they get back.