she wakes you with kisses

The first thing Hailee noticed when she started to stir awake was how warm she felt. It felt warmer than it has the last few days. Not just from the golden rays of the warm sunshine coming through the window and hitting her back, but also because you were there beside her and you felt so warm.

She cracked a smile and turned to face you. At first, she'd hoped that you were already awake. But when she saw your face and saw how peacefully you were sleeping, she didn't wanna move a finger, thinking that it might ruin the sweet sight.

She bit her lip as she stared at you. Last night was the first night you stayed over and she was mesmerized by how adorable you look when you sleep. With your lips parted and hair all a mess and your hand resting on the pillowcase. She couldn't help herself but to gently take ahold of your hand in her own, intertwining your fingers with hers.

She watched a smile tug at your lips.

"Just when I think you can't get any cuter," she mumbled to herself as she brushed her thumb along your knuckles.

She leaned in to kiss your cheek. It was meant to be innocent, just one soft kiss on your delicate skin. But she found herself kissing your cheek again, then letting her lips trail along your face to your temple and then to your lips.

She kissed the corners of them and you chuckled, slowly waking up and in the most wonderful way.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." She whispered and watched your eyes slowly open then close again since they still felt heavy. She leaned in to give you a soft kiss and since you were both still in the process of waking up, that's all it really was; soft and loving.

"I can feel you staring at me..." you whispered after a moment of silence passed by.

"Yeah? Sorry. Can't help it. You're amazing. I feel so lucky to call you mine."

You chuckled and stretched your legs out. Eyes opening, you weren't surprised to find her already gazing at you.

"It's early and I'd usually just go back to sleep, but I kinda like the view too much for that." You mumbled and watched her cheeks turn red.

"I love you." She said before giving you another kiss. "Stay again tonight?"

You nodded and buried your face in her neck. "I'd love to."