Chapter 112: Who Run The World?

8th Muriel, 1093

As one would expect, the following day was beyond chaotic. King Chu, together with his brother, assembled the ministers and nobles to the throne room located on the East Wing's second floor.

Within the packed hall, King Chu disseminated the events of the previous night in full detail, only to be attacked by the enraged nobles and ministers, some even going as far as to call him a traitor to the country. Some called for his impeachment, others ordered his resignation, while a good number sat on the sidelines, coldly watching the proceedings.

A great deal of the morning was wasted arguing back and forth between the dissatisfied nobles, their King, and several Generals. Those select few who secretly supported the anti-human government was utterly excited, as they had finally found an avenue to attack the powerful King Chu.

Luckily (or not, depending on who looked), Serisis was an impoverished nation. The nobles lacked the financial and social weight required to exert excess pressure on the king, or else they would have successfully impeached him the moment he proposed this absurd notion.

However, though the crown could easily suppress these cowardly bunch individually, collectively they represented a rather substantial force.

King Chu inwardly sighed as he heard words like "the great Serisis,"; "Never yielding country,"; "Dishonorable and deplorable"; spout of the mouths of these men and women with such vigor. One would be forgiven for thinking they had sacrificed countless lifetimes for the Serian people.

But the painful reality was far too different.

The true die hard loyalists—those who had fought on the frontlines to protect their people from beast hordes—had already quieted down. This was because they sensed in King Chu a path for survival for the Serian people. Thus they had decided to adopt a wait and see approach to determine the worth of the Rosendun government.

At some point, a certain Duke Xiao Fei, leader of the mighty Xiao Sect, stood righteously before the king, spittle flying everywhere as he unceremoniously condemned the king for his lack of foresight and greed.

This Duke Xiao was of the canine descent, more specifically the dog family. Surprisingly, despite the Beastmen's high metabolism and lack of food in the country, he was immensely fat. Coupled with a height of over seven feet and his presence was one that commanded attention. As the leader of the anti-human faction, he was incomparably loud when it came to voicing his opinions. "... I must say! Handing our country to a foreigner!

"Furthermore, gifting him with the two Royal Princesses!? What are you thinking, my king!? Several fine gentlemen have bled for this country within the nobles. Are you saying a Serian is not good enough for your daugh—"

BOOM!!!

"Ah... I'm tired of hearing all this rubbish!" The owner of the voice who had just kicked the door open complained. This voice seized the heart of the elders for a second... almost sending them all into cardiac arrest.

All heads in the throne room reluctantly turned to the entrance to greet the red-haired woman as Princess Chu Ling, garbed in red hide armor, with a sword and quiver of arrows hanging by her waist, confidently strode into the hall with large, purposeful steps. It looked like she was off to join in a hunt or expedition and just decided to stop by the throne room briefly.

Somehow easily keeping pace with her without seeming hurried was Princess Chu Ling, who had opted for a simple, sky blue, loose-fitting dress. As usual, a soft smile boosted her features and calmed the minds of the nobles.

Princess Chu Ming should be able to control this sister of hers, right? The nobles and ministers thought to themselves as they bowed at a ninety-degree angle, while the siblings made their way to the throne.