2│PAIRING OFF

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴘᴀɪʀɪɴɢ ᴏғғ ꒱

❝ CORY, MY DEAR LITTLE
BUTTHEAD— MAY I CALL
YOU MY BUTTHEAD? ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Richard and Cindy?" Cory questioned as the trio watched the pair make out in the hall.

"Very deeply in love," Shawn said knowledgeably as he leaned against his locker.

"Since when?"

"Lunch."

"What did they eat?" Cory joked.

"I don't know but it doesn't look like it was enough," the dark-haired boy remarked.

Juliet wrinkled her nose at the sight, although an image of a red-haired girl and a dark-haired boy in the same position made her stomach do several flips and pink rise to her face. The bell rang, jolting her out of her daydream.

"Ah, Mr. Heckle and Mr. Jeckle," Mr. Feeny said as he walked towards them. "Don't we have classes to attend?"

She'd been right about Feeny finding a way to haunt them.

"Mr. Feeny, shouldn't you break them up?" Cory asked, nodding to the pair. "Or you could hose them down."

"Oh, I wouldn't interrupt their tryst, Mr. Matthews. They're both A-minus students happily struck by Cupid," the teacher said supportively.

"So if they were C-minus students you wouldn't let them kiss?"

"School policy, don't you know?"

"So I can't kiss?" the boy asked, pointing to himself.

"With your grades, Mr. Matthews, you can't even shake hands."

"Just watch, Mr. Feeny," Cory replied confidently. "By the end of the year I plan to have an A-plus average and a hickey."

"Dare to dream, Mr. Matthews," Mr. Feeny said lightly before he walked away.

"Holy cow, Jerry and Shoshanna?"

"Deeply."

"Has the whole world paired off?"

"Pretty much," Juliet observed. "Except us."

"Is there a list posted somewhere where I can find out what girl's been assigned to me?"

"You want a girlfriend?" Shawn asked him.

"No, not a girl friend. Just a girl who's like a friend, but not a girlfriend."

"No thanks," the redhead spoke up hastily even though Cory knew of her feelings.

"Not you, Jules. You're like my sister," he reassured her.

"Oh, thank goodness— no offence," she added. An unfamiliar girl walked by them. 

"How about her?" Shawn asked. "The new girl?"

"No," Cory said quickly. "I mean, I don't know her." He looked at their confused expressions. "Shut up. Look, I want someone I know, someone who knows me, someone who we know each other— someone like, uh— Topanga!" he called the girl's name and walked quickly up to her. "Topanga, my honey. May I call you honey?"

"No," she answered flatly.

"Topanga, my girl. My friend. My girly friend," he continued, unphased.

"Cory, my dear little butthead— may I call you butthead?" Topanga asked.