5│THE UNINVITED

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇᴅ ꒱

❝ YOU ONLY GET COOLER
WITH AGE, LIKE CHEESE
OR SOMETHING ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Thus the transcontinental railroad spelled the end of the Pony Express," Mr. Feeny continued. "Mail was faster, more reliable." He grabbed at the currently-passing notes. "Letters no longer had to be passed from hand-to-hand." He showed the notes he'd picked up before he opened them. "This just in: Miss Wilder wants to know what Miss Harrington thinks she should wear to her party. Miss Harrington wants to know what makes Miss Wilder think she's even invited."

"I'm not invited?" the girl with the last name Wilder asked.

"We'll just see, o-kay?" Melissa replied snootily.

"Mr. Matthews wants to know 'is this going to be a make-up party?'"

"Well sure Cory, you can borrow my lip gloss," Melissa told the curly-haired boy.

"Out! Not UP!" He tried to correct the mistake. "A make-out party."

"Ah, so it is. Mr. Matthews wants to know if this is going to be a make-out party."

"Not for him," Shawn laughed.

🌎🌎🌎

"I blew it," Cory sighed as they left History. "There's no way Melissa's gonna invite me to her party now."

"So Feeny cut you off at the knees. People will forget," Shawn tried to cheer him up.

"It's only a party, Cor. There'll be others," Juliet added.

"You think?"

"'Course," she reassured him. "People have the memory of goldfish."

"This is high school. Too much is going on to remember anything," Shawn agreed.

Harley, Joey and Frankie came up to the trio and their leader addressed the curly-haired boy: "don't think I forgot about you, baboon. Don't think I forgot about last Tuesday. You sat in my chair in the cafeteria."

"I'm sorry, Harley. I didn't know it was your chair," Cory apologized.

"Everybody knows that's Harley's chair. Everybody knows it's always been Harley's chair and it's always gonna be Harley's chair every year he's a senior. Ain't that right, Frankie?" Joey asked.

"What are you sayin'? I like my sister?" Frankie questioned him.

"No, no! I'm not sayin' that. I'm just sayin' you have a very close family. Hey, where ya goin?"

"I wanna call home," the larger boy said as he continued towards the phone.

"Is he gonna be okay?" Juliet asked, watching him leave.

"He's got a few issues," Harley answered. "I, on the other hand, have one issue. "He looked at Cory. "And that's you, baboon. I don't like you. I look at your face and I wanna hit it. Is that so wrong?"

"Yes, yes it actually is," the redhead replied as she shifted in front of her friend. "That's called assault, which is basically illegal."

"So there I am, finals of the chess tournament— a mere three moves away from checkmate— and out of nowhere I swallow my rook," a passing boy said to his friend.

"Pardon me, it's my eleven o'clock," Harley excused himself and walked away.

"You don't have to stand up to him every time, Jules," Cory told her.