7│WAKE UP, LITTLE SHAWN

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ, ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ sʜᴀᴡɴ ꒱

❝ IF YOU DIDN'T LOVE HER YOU
WOULDN'T HAVE PAUSED ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Love, sex, slander!" Mr. Turner exclaimed as he wrote on the blackboard. "Even though Much Ado About Nothing was written four hundred years ago, Shakespeare has captured raw human emotion in a way that is still riveting today and still has us glued to our seats."

As he finished speaking, Shawn slipped out of his own seat in his sleep and shifted around before he went back to sleep. Juliet's foot nudged him before Cory kicked him awake more fiercely.

"You know, these chairs really aren't the best for sleeping," Shawn laughed nervously as he returned to his chair.

"Oh, come on! You got this innocent young girl and somebody says that she slept with this other guy, right? And her reputation is shot and we think she's killed herself. Now, where are you gonna find this kind of stuff?" Mr. Turner demanded.

"Melrose Place?" Topanga suggested.

"Real life?" Juliet added.

"NYPD Blue?" Shawn said.

"Barney?" Cory put in. The strange suggestion caused the three of them to turn to him questioningly and he explained: "my sister says he's gotten edgier."

"Mr. Turner, we just can't relate to these characters at all," Topanga said.

"Why not?"

"Because nobody acts like this," Shawn scoffed as he held up the book.

"Just because some guy says something about some girl and the girl wants to kill herself over it? They say that stuff about Heather Locklear every week and she doesn't want to kill herself," Cory said.

"You're right, Matthews," Mr. Turner told him.

"There's something I didn't think I'd ever hear," Juliet remarked with surprise.

"I'm right?" Cory shared her feelings.

"No, you're exactly right."

"So am I don't with my education? Can I go?"

"If he can, I should be able to, too," Juliet added. "I've gotten better grades than both of them combined."

"Take me with you!" Shawn pleaded.

Mr. Turner ignored them. "In Shakespeare's day, the play's the thing. In our day, I guess the thing is TV. So, maybe we should put ourselves on TV and ask ourselves what we think about love, sex and slander."

"You mean interview each other? Kind of like a documentary?"

"Exactly!"

"Hey, you know, my Uncle Ralph was in a documentary. They put a big blue dot over his face and changed his voice," Shawn informed them happily.

Juliet opened her mouth to correct him, especially knowing Shawn's family history, but one look at his pleased expression caused her mouth to close and she shook her head instead. Maybe she didn't have to be right all the time.

"Alright, the school's got video equipment. Let's wear it out, okay? We'll split into teams of two. Interview your friends, your families and each other. Let's just see who's got more mature attitudes: Shakespeare or us."